• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Walking from west to east on the Del Norte

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2022)
Del Norte (2022)
Within a week I’ll arrive in Santiago. From there I’ll go to Finisterre, Muxia and back to Santiago. Then I walk back home in The Netherlands and I will take the Camino del Norte. I already have the route on my telephone, but the signs along the way all point out to the ‘wrong’ direction. Is there (on paper or digital) the route which describe the Camino del Norte from Santiago to Irun?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good luck on the long trek to the NL.
I have done short sections of various routes in reverse and have always had difficulty in maintaining the proper way.
I suspect that using GPS trek (from the Dutch Association) would work in reverse as far as determining that you were on the route.

Wow!! Almost in Santiago! I remember that you posted that you would start in Rotterdam on the first of March.
What an achievement.
I do not know if you have written a blog or some other kind of report but once you are back home I would love to hear how it all went.

I wish you the very best! Buen Camino en veel geluk!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I start the Norte, west to East, on Saturday (4th), would love to buy you a coffee, when we cross paths, to hear your story....

I start the Norte, west to East, on Saturday (4th), would love to buy you a coffee, when we cross paths, to hear your story....
Maybe I’ll cath up with you, but I’ll start the Del Norte only on the 12th of June. It’s a long way to Irun, so you’ll never know…

Just hearing trying to walk in the "wrong" direction gives me a headache!!!
Congratulations to you!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum