Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking partner

Time of past OR future Camino
Levant from Avila 2013
My significant other is not very keen on my proposal for a solitary few weeks on the Primitivo. Looking for a walking partner in September 2018. No fixed timetable yet, but hope to bypass the Frances hoards by staying in O Pino on the second last night before SANTIAGO. Even that is negotiable. I'll be a fit 80 yr old male cyclist & bushwalker from Sydney OZ.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Bob,
While not as busy as the Camino Frances, there'll be plenty of pilgrims on the Primitivo in September. You're likely to have walking partners when you need them, but hopefully a bit of solitary time too. That might reassure your significant other!
Buen Camino.

Nuala, Many thanks for your post. "Other" probably needs to see that a person is nominated ahead of departure. So whilst I'm sure I'd be secure walking with a group from day 1, she's worried about me.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Love your spirit of adventure, I am taking the walk from irun in early May, otherwise I would offer to meet up. I bet you have some grand stories

Back in the dawn of time when I started trekking there was no internet, there were no mobile phones and though I would send the occasional postcard my significant other used to worry about me. Now we have all these communication tools and can chat, even skype, every day. And she worries about me. It's what S.O's do.

I think she would really freak if she thought I was buddying up with a stranger off the internet

Love your spirit of adventure, I am taking the walk from irun in early May, otherwise I would offer to meet up. I bet you have some grand stories
Hello there...yes, love BC's spirit of adventure too. We are starting from Irun around the 4th May (would love to branch off on the Primitivo to Santiago. Our paths may cross. Cheers Lori

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My significant other is not very keen on my proposal for a solitary few weeks on the Primitivo. Looking for a walking partner in September 2018. No fixed timetable yet, but hope to bypass the Frances hoards by staying in O Pino on the second last night before SANTIAGO. Even that is negotiable. I'll be a fit 80 yr old male cyclist & bushwalker from Sydney OZ.

You will enjoy the Primitivo - There is more infra-structure now, and has been said above, you will not lack companionship in September. Maybe you can make contact (if you have not done so already :)) with folk in Sydney?
There are a number of minuses as well as pluses in going with a "random" companion. Have you found this thread, which may be helpful for your thinking.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/walking-with-a-companion.11101/

Whatever you decide on - enjoy your planning and your Camino!
Blessings
Tio Tel

I think she would really freak if she thought I was buddying up with a stranger off the internet

If it will help your S.O. you can tell her we'll be coming along a couple of weeks later and if we find you lying by the wayside we'll attend to you! That should be about as reassuring as you contemplating waking with an internet axe murderer!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back