• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

walking poles

jenny hall

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 may
can someone tell me if I can buy walking poles ion SJPdP ? I am thinking it might be easier than getting them with my pack from Australia!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, you can! There are a lot of hiking/pilgrim/sport shops in SJPDP. They might not always carry everything a pilgrim needs but all carry walking poles in pretty much any shape or form imaginably. Buen Camino! SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Jenny
What are you going to do with the poles on return ? Same dilemma
It's pretty normal to reduce the poles to their smallest length and pack inside the back pack. Same coming home. Or some people check them separately wrapped say in cardboard or cover. Eg bubble wrap . Have you used them yet?
But as has been mentioned, lots of poles easy available to buy at st jean or other places along the way.

I was considering the thing Jenny. But I have never used them before, so my concern is getting adjusted before I leave.

Also the price ranges are all over the place. This is one equipment question I can't seem to get a feeling for.

NP

Most read last week in this forum