• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Walking the Camino

timetraveler

My wife and I are planning this trip for 2013. Is May or Sept better for weather? Roughly, a 35 day walk, what can one expect to pay? I know there are variables. My wife mentioned plastic. My interpretation, plastic sheet for sleeping outdoors. My wife's meaning, Master Card. We are negotiating..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

35 days in either May or September sounds perfect and will leave time to rest and visit. In terms of the weather in my experience there isn't much difference in May and September - if anything September is likely to be a little warmer especially in the early days. But hey - we have temps in the 20's at the moment and it is March. I was walking in shorts and factor 50 the other day.

In terms of your negotiations with your wife - I'd give in now. You know you will eventually so why expend the effort?

Best wishes

John

the meseta is prettier in May, before the crops are cut and the earth turns to dust. But there are tons of pilgrims at either time!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi my name is Victoria and I too will be on the Camino May 2013. I had to stop in and tell you that your wife's comment about plastic made me laugh. I'm from South Carolina and will be making the trip without my husband, he thinks I'm crazy but that's what he told me when I went to Guatamala for a month by myself.

Most read last week in this forum