• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking vdlp 2010 from Seville to Finisterre.

walkingnomads

HI,
This is Chris and Cathy from Brisbane Australia. We are planning to walk the Via de la Plata from Seville to Finisterre in early May 2010. It would be interesting to hear of others planning similar times and routes, any tips and ideas from those completing the vdlp this year, including the top albergues!
It was six years ago that we walked from Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela, and are now ready for another challenge.
Our plan for 2010 is to spend some time in Granada, Cordoba and Seville before we start walking.
Any tips for these 3 beautiful cities would also be welcome.
We have Alison Raju and the Ben Cole/Bethan Davis guide book and Michelin maps of the area.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Walkingnomads,

There is a book by Tony Kevin, an Australian, "Walking the Camino" that may be of interest to you. He walked from Granada to Santiago via the Via Mozarabe and the Via de la Plata.

Buen Camino Rose Louise

Hi, Chris and Cathy,
I'm walking from Sevilla in May as well. I started out last year but only made it to Caceres because of heel problems. But I'm hoping for better luck this year. Last year I started in mid April and the weather was great (one day of rain) and not too hot. The crowds were large -- in small towns the albergues were full and overflowing (Guillena, Castilblanco, Aljucen), but I think everyone always found something, because there are typically private options as well. Residents along the way were quite surprised -- I often heard people expressing amazement at the numbers.

I think you will love Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla. If the Alhambra is in your plans, though, I highly recommend advance purchase of tickets via their website. The crowds can be really crushing and this will save you some time and also ensure that you can get in. If I were just touring, I'd spend at least two full days in Granada, one or two full days in Cordoba (I highly recommend a visit to the city of Medina AlZahara outside Cordoba, I believe it was the capital of Muslim Spain and is being excavated -- it's pretty amazing), and two tourist days in Sevilla. Less than that won't even let you scratch the surface.

If you're looking for a place to stay in Sevilla, thanks to Isabelle on this forum, I contacted the Hotel Simon and it turns out they discount their rack rate by 40 or 45% for pilgrims -- they also have credentials there. Less than five months to go -- Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back