• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in June - packing tips

Veena

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2015
Hi, I am walking from Sarria to Finisterre in June. Any tips on what the weather is likely to be and whether I should pack for summer with one fleece jacket, just in case or should I carry more warm clothes? Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't quite locate the specific thread, if it has.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Asking what the weather will be like in eight weeks time is a bit like seeking advice from a fortune teller!

You can get an idea of what the average weather conditions (aka climate) from a site like www.spain.climatemps.com or similar websites. There is then an old piece of advice to travellers that you might then want to follow - pack for the climate, dress for the weather.

I walked the CF last June. It was not cold at all. Little bit chilly in the morning sometimes, so yeah, a fleece jacket will be enough.
I'm assuming you will be bringing a rain jacket as well.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
After years of waiting, finally heading out this June also! Hope to see you on the trail!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum