• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weather on Via Podiensis Sep-Oct

Michael-FL

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2021)
Greetings Peregrinos! I plan to start at Le Puy-en-Velay on 10 Sep for the 30 day trek on the Via Podiensis/GR65 to St Jean Pied de Port arriving on or about 10 Oct and then on to Santiago via the Camino Frances to Santiago. Trying to get a general idea of what kind of weather to expect. Any links to weather data would be appreciated. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
September will be pleasantly warm and mostly dry -- cooling off and showers more frequent as the month progresses. October cooler still, rain more frequent, as the month progresses. But things have been quite variable lately, so it pays to have a European weather app on your phone (if not already).

On Podiensis, the weather should be fine. But take care that arriving in Galicia by end of October, beginning of November probably would mean rain, rain, rain.
Last October I walk from León to Santiago (being in Melide on October, 31st): 12 days of walk, 12 days of rain.
Galicia is very wet.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hopefully🤞warm, sunny and dry with the odd day of rain here and there … I am walking at that time also 🐢🐢🐢 arriving at StJPP at the end of October … fully expecting some wetness toward the end🌦️🌧️🌦️ I have been looking at the long-range forecasts [prévisions saisonnières] for France and the south-west which indicate warm-hot temperatures and dry to very dry atmospheric conditions through to August … I will be keeping an eye out for the extensions into September and October. Last year it was very hot through to the middle of October … this year may well be the same🔥

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back