• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather

Catalinda

Maybe I just haven't gone far enough back in the forum histories, but I'm wondering what kind of weather to be expecting on the Camino Frances during June and July. I know that the days are going to be hot. I can handle that, I've been in Spain in June and July before.

What I'm really wondering about is the average nightly low. I ask because I'm about to go on my big shopping trip to buy most of my supplies, and I'm wondering if I should get a sleeping bag, or if a liner will suffice. I know what kind of temps I like to sleep in, I'm just wondering what are the actual temps going to be?

Ayudame, por favor!
Gracias!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Actually, it is not always hot on the Camino Frances in June!!! I had friends who walked last June and struck it hot, but in 2008 it was apparently the coldest June for ten years. I posted home my good windjacket, thinking that it would be warm now it was June and I was in Spain... and there were some bitterly cold days when I wished I still had it. I remember Azofra and Granon for particularly bitter winds!! The first warm days I struck were when I was nearly across the Meseta.

As far as night-times went though, I only had a light sleeping bag and it was always more than warm enough. There were plenty of people sleeping in the rooms who generated a goodly amount of body heat, and I never felt cold at night.
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Muchas Gracias Fresco

This was exactly what I was looking for!

Kiwi

Thanks for the reality check. I know the summer I was in Spain, I was in Salamanca and it was blastedly hot most of the time.

I am familiar with 40C in Texas July's so I don't worry about the heat. But I am concerned with sweaty tourists waiting in line for showers. I wonder if this is a problem.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
well mostly they will be pilgrims and there will only be many if there are many of them wanting a shower at any particular time

One of the pleasures with stopping after 5-6hours walking DougSR is to avoid these so called sweat tourists :cry:
What a pleasure it is to stop in the little towns , have a shower and go to lunch
I rarely saw sweaty tourists as they were more than likely in the hotels/pensions.

I did see many worn out , tired pilgrims who were indeed covered in sweat.
They were usually given water by the owners of the albergues on arrival , they showered and then washed their clothes,
You will come across this every day DougSR on the camino.

May i ask what deodorant you use ??
We use Merino wool garments which actually help the sweat stay close to us and not others

Most read last week in this forum