• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Welcoming back the Light

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
I came across this simply extraordinary video this morning and had to share it.
I don't send Christmas cards anymore, but this story of the life of a tree is far more poignant and beautiful. We have all thought about climate change especially in the last week and this brings home how truly humble we should all be in the face of nature.
(And if it doesn't make you want to dust off your Gore-Tex in anticipation I'll eat my donkey hat!)

Happy Solstice, Pilgrims all
Tracy Saunders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTtjXfc9HJY
(With the sound on there is a soundtrack by Enya)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tracy,
Thank you for sharing such a powerful video. The presence of such old trees always has an impact on me. As a child I remember my father listening to an album entitled, "I Heard a Forest Praying" that was wonderful. I have not heard that music in many, many years.

God's peace,

Most read last week in this forum