• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What type of bed sack and outer garment for late August/ September on Del Norte?

Nann

Nannette's Journey
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Norte August 2016
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what type of bed sack and outer garment Iwill need for late August and September on the Del Norte? Warm, cool nights? Sleeping temperatures. I am hoping to get away with a light weight simple bed sack, yes? No? Prepare for cooler conditions?
Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm walking during the same time period, and I'm bringing a silk liner and a very small super lightweight down blanket in the event that the it's cold and the albergue doesn't have blankets. I'll have a lightweight fleece and windbreaker. One of the reasons I decided to go that time of year, is that hopefully anything heavier won't be necessary.

Norte is also known as the green Camino for rain rain rain. So at least some rain gear would be practical. Unless weight is an issue, always better to carry a lightweight sleeping bag regardless of the condition of the alberques....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Thank you for your reply. I think the silk bed sack is what I am leaning towards. A fleece I think is a definte. I am going this time of year hoping for a bit of cooler weather, I do not like walking in the heat so much, but will take whatever comes witha smile.

Most read last week in this forum