• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Salvador and Del Norte

Gailerart

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (2020)
Hi fellow Pilgrims

I will be hiking the San Salvador, crossing to Aviles and completing the Norte and Finisterre in May. If I have time I may even walk back to Oviedo on the Primitivo. I plan to leave Leon either April 25 or 26 and want to know whether to carry a sleeping bag. I only used a liner on the Primitivo in May this year, but plan to stay in as many Municipal albergues as possible, as this time I'm travelling solo. We stayed in a mixture of private albergues and hotels on the Primitivo and of course they had blankets. I don't really want to carry a sleeping bag if not necessary, as I travel very light,so advice would be a blessing. I am a through hiker so have a few sleeping bags to choose from if necessary.
Thanks Ken

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I plan to leave Leon either April 25 or 26 and want to know whether to carry a sleeping bag.
I have a stock answer to this question. Rather than re-write it, I’ll just link to it here.

Don’t listen to anyone but yourself — if you used the blankets on your Primitivo, I think you’ll want a bag/blankets on the Salvador.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Normally I only take a liner and if its cold, I sleep in my "tomorrow" clothes. But, choice is about your own thing. (I don't walk in the Winter)

I have a stock answer to this question. Rather than re-write it, I’ll just link to it here.

Don’t listen to anyone but yourself — if you used the blankets on your Primitivo, I think you’ll want a bag/blankets on the Salvador.
Thanks. I will take my summer sleeping bag (600gn) and ditch it if I don't need it. I'm mainly worried that Municipals won't have blankets.

Thanks. I will take my summer sleeping bag (600gn) and ditch it if I don't need it. I'm mainly worried that Municipals won't have blankets.
I walked the primitivo in 2017 Aug 31,and took only a silk liner. I would get cold in the night and have to rummage around in the dark and put on clothes. Only the hostal in boimorto had blankets. My companions were snug and warm in their bags. I walked the Salvador in 2019 and took a bag. I have a light expensive bag and plan to always take it. What you do is up to you,of course.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back