• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to start the camino, airports, places to stay

ulrikkesunde

Hi!

I thought Le Puy was the most original place to start the camino, does anyone have opinions to this?

Do you know if there is one or a couple websites that includes places to stay along the camino?

:D a lot for all help!!

ulrike

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Le Puy might be an idea... I've always started from St Jean Pied de Port and flown to Biarritz, bus to Bayonne, train to St Jean... Just a thought... although.

I'm sure there are plenty of places from Le Puy, but never done it so can only offer an alternative. sorry!

Where to start

It really depends on how much time you have and want to give to the journey. A week, a month? Longer?

The Church will grant you a Compostela if you start in Sarria, I met a 74 year old woman who started walking from her home in . . . Copenhagen.

The choice is yours, really. There is no bad place to start from. Be led by spirit, and enjoy your Camino.

Buen Camino,
Jerry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Le Puy

The route from Le Puy is known as the Via Podensis.
For a height profile of the route (as well as a list of the stages), go to http://www.godesalco.com/iphp/perfil.php .
There is an article about the route on Backpack45 :
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2p3.html
The Confraternity of St James sells Alison Raju's guides:
1) Way of St. James: Le Puy to the Pyrenees - A Walkers’ Guide, by Alison Raju
2) Le Puy to the Pyrenees, by Alison Raju (Pilgrim Guides to the Roads through France #3). Guide to accommodation and services, updated regularly.
http://www.csj.org.uk (click on Bookshop)

It is about 736km from Le Puy to St Jean and then another ± 800kms to Santiago from there.

Good luck!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well, y'all know I'm gonna suggest "my baby," :), the Camino Aragones from Somport, for reasons already shared. Check it out :!:

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back