• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

which virtual walking app??

Gumba

Time of past OR future Camino
Winter CF2018 Winter CF2019-20
Can you tell me which walking app you prefer and why?

- walking4fun.com
- worldwalking.com
- other

Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m currently on walkingforfun and really like it. I haven’t tried any other. There are lots of pictures, maps showing the trail and a lot of choices of different trails.

I have only tried walking4fun. This has been great fun and informative for someone waiting to start their first Camino. I have walked virtually from SJPP to Santiago, on to Muxor and I am Now 92% around the Tahoe Rim Trail. I’ve recommended this site to several friends but would love to read opinions on others.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I also only know Walking4Fun. A big part of the fun is that there are a handful of others from the forum walking the Francés as well and we periodically check in with one another on the Small Band of Trudgers thread.

Seeing the photos from each stage brings back so many memories for me when I walked in real life. Happy memories and sharing IRT keep me motivated to get out and walk. I like the maps that show where I am on the stage as well as on the Camino as a whole. And there's the extra little incentive to just keep going a bit longer or push on another mile or so when I see I'm close to a village I stayed in or the end of a stage.

I'm just past Sarria now and when I get to Muxia/Finnester I plan to start Le Puy.

I'd also like to hear reviews on the other virtual apps.

I am using myvirtualmission.com - ‘the conqueror missions’ and enjoy it a lot. I am virtually walking the Frances and am just over halfway - just passed Sahagun. It is linked via Strava (there are other linking options too) and tracks my daily walking/running exercises. Everyday I check on their website to see how far I have walked, using streetview and clicking on the option to go over to Google Maps to look at the pictures of the towns which I have passed.
It is a fun activity to make up for the real camino which I was supposed to walk this June.

Most read last week in this forum