• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Which winter camino

Strawberry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2018)
The camino is calling, and I have two or so weeks to walk in late November - early December. Any advice on the route? Choices are the Camino Portugues starting in Porto or the Camino Frances starting in Leon. I’m a woman walking solo. From reading other posts, I fully expect cold and rainy weather, perhaps with snow on the hills. As further background, next autumn I plan to walk the Camino Frances from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago - which makes me lean toward the Camino Portugues this time around. On the other hand the Portugues seems very thinly traveled this time of year. And the Camino Frances doubtless is quite different from one season to the next. Would appreciate advice on which route is preferable in early winter, taking account of safety, albergues and inns that will be open, and the opportunity to meet other pilgrims.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi and welcome to the forum @Strawberry ;-)

I only have walked the Camino Frances in winter and can tell you that it is perfectly possible to do so as a woman alone. In November/December you still have some company and a lot of albergues are still open. Keep an eye on http://www.aprinca.com/alberguesinvierno/ where closer to the time a list of open/closed CF albergues will be posted. Buen Camino, SY

great list thank you. i leave for St Jean Pied de Port from my home town of Los Angeles in 5 days! I expect i will start my journey the morning of December 2nd.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
great list thank you. i leave for St Jean Pied de Port from my home town of Los Angeles in 5 days! I expect i will start my journey the morning of December 2nd.
Buen camino, Nicholas.

Thank you for the information! I'm packed and ready to go. Leaving tomorrow and plan to walk from Leon to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum