This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Winter jacket?

Barbara Racz

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk 2015
Hi everzone! Please help me with a last minute advice. I am startint on the 19th from Pamplona. Shall I take winter (ski jacket). Other option is technical layer, slight fleece, gilet and a waterproof jacket... For running I normally use two-three skinny layers around 5-15 degrees. But this is my first time there...Thank you!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
My advice is to layer rather than have one single really warm item. I have walked the CF in April, and wore/carried a light fleece and a mesh lined rain jacket in addition to the base and middle layers I normally wore. This was enough for warmth in the morning and rain/wind protection.

@dougfitz , Thank you! I have one raincoat which is not the highest professional one. I prefer layers too and winter jacket seems heavy too...

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum