• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Woman on her bicycle from Cotswolds to Santiago

celia

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed reading some of the messages posted here. Very helpful!
This July I will cycle to Santiago from my doorstep in the Cotswolds (taking the ferry to Le Havre). I have never done anything like this before and although I am expecting to be lonely until I reach a main route I was hoping to make friends once there.I am worried that because I will be cycling it will prevent me fom enjoing others company. Could cyclists and walkers that have done the pilgrimage share their opinions?
Also, have other women cycle on their own and what were your experiences?

Muchas gracias
Buen camino to everybody

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will find when you get to the main section of the Camino Frances that you will come across other bikers who will travel at the same speed as you roughly and you will keep on bumping into them at the refugios etc. Unless you are very slow you will see a new set of walkers each day but that just means you make more friends.

We have also cycled the VdlP and decided on that ocassion to take the route that went via Astorga as we wanted to see some people not necessarily ones that we would ride with.

Pilgrims whether walking or cycling are generally friendly people.

Buen Camino
William

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back