• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Yearning to hear the bells

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
On the Marne River in France
July 25, 2022

Although physically I may not be in Santiago de Compostela nevertheless I yearn to hear the massive cathedral bells peal in celebration of the Feast of Saint James, July 25.

Within the city all will convene to celebrate this historic Catholic event and actively participate in age-old ecclesiastic pageantry and tradition.

Whatever our ethnicity or beliefs, all pilgrims who walk or have walked the Camino share common bonds. All surely remember their personal thrill on arriving at last at the great cathedral, touching the hallowed stones, weeping with joy, and giving thanks as the great bells tolled.

At home in France I shall, as always, also remember and listen for those far-distant, celebratory bells.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It must be amazing to be there today.
Fortunately we have the internet.
I'm especially interested in this part:

Most read last week in this forum