• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

All places to sleep in one file - Coastal and Central route, Camino Portuguese 2022-02-06

No permission to download
Hi friends!

this resource contains as many places to sleep along the route as possible - albergues, hotels, pensions and much more in one document, handy to bring with you on the Camino.

It covers the following Routes of Camino Portuguese
Lisbon-Porto:Follows the interior route from Lisbon via Santarem, Tomar, Coimbra and Mealhada to Porto
Coastal:Follows the coastal (monacal) route from Porto via Vila do Conde, Viana do Castelo, Baiona, Vigo to Redondela and then towards Santiago
Central:Follows the central route from Porto via Barcelos, Ponte de Lima, Tui, O Porriño to Redondela and then towards Santiago
Spiritual:Follows the Variant Espiritual route from just north of Pontevedra via Combaro, A Armenteira, Villanova de Arousa and by boat to Padron and then towards Santiago

I have made it in a GoogleDoc as it is good for teamworking, you are all welcome to comment in it (or send me a mail from it) and I'll happily add or change it based on your input.

Please notice there are several sheets in the GoogleDoc
* "How to filter routes" - an explanation of how you can filter the sheet or excel file for yourself
* "Camino Portuguese" - covers places to sleep on the routes. A huge list!
* "Download PDF and excel versions" - all the downloads you can dream of!
* "Version and info" - gives an overview of the route as well as a little overview of my primary sources and current status of updating!)

Well, without further ado, here it is (as shortform):

Besides, I make a .pdf and a .xlsx-document for you to download whenever I've made a few updates, so these documents are as up-to-date as possible (but the GoogleDoc is the master-document). The Excel-document included in this post is the one linked below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u601w10jvoa0q85/Sleeping on the Camino Portugues - Coastal and Central routes.xlsx?dl=0

Let me know what you think of it - and if you have comments, add-ons, changes or suggestions :)

Update 2022-02-04 Added a column with link to the booking.com-page for all places that have it, making it easier to book a place. General update of websites, info on all the accommodation places as well as removing closed places - about 20 places were removed.
Update 2021-06-22 General update after Corona-hiatus! Lots of new places :) Up to 747 accomodation places!
Update 2020-05-20 General checkup and synchronized with Via Lusitana's list. We're at a massive 719 places to sleep along the route(s).
Update 2019-12-05 Huge update! Central route added and layout changed. More than 120 new accomodation places added
Update 2019-07-27 Links modified again :)
Update 2018-08-05 Links modified, hopefully they now work again
Update 2018-05-08 The number of accomodation places are now 500! It started with about 380 in August 2015 :)
Update 2018-02-12: Another massive update of sites and new link to the all GPS data for the accomodations
Update 2017-10-23: Massive update - places added, deleted, updated and the Dutch Confraternity of Saint James (NGSJ) have converted the list of accomodation into GPS-data, so you can download the places to sleep directly to your phone/GPS-device! Check them out at https://www.santiago.nl/wegnaarbuiten-portugal?goto=Portugal&minzoom=5 (click on =V-PT to see them on the map) or download them from this post :) Links to GPS coordinates for all the places to sleep added!
Update 2017-05-01: Links to excel, GPS data and pdf updated
Update 2016-01-20: I've added a link to the GPS data (.gpx and .kml-files) in the document

Buen camino!
Christian
Author
cj2003
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.83 star(s) 23 ratings

Latest updates

1. Fixed names/adress issues on the spiritual route

Fixed names/adress issues on the spiritual route
  2. FIX - list had an error with addresses instead of accommodation names

Horrible error has been fixed. Now with correct names of the places to sleep
  3. Added files to the resource

Added pdf's for the different routes to the resource.

Latest reviews

This is an amazing amount of information, and well laid out and organized. Only not 5 stars because, just like everything else, prices are way off from as quoted here. EG, listed as 30 to 40 euro, but price is actually twice as much, 76 euro, for a hostel.
Fantastic!! Thank you so much.... My friends wanted to meet from all corners of the world and cycle in Portugal - now they will firmly be on a Camino - surprise pilgrimage for the unaware cyclist!!
I am such a happy bunny!!
F
  • Former member
  • 5.00 star(s)
  • Version: 2022-02-06
Thank You so Much for the work you have done for this.
Thank you!
  • Tusler
  • 5.00 star(s)
  • Version: 2022-02-04 second upload with correct names
Thank You, very helpful for ideas/options when I start walking in May 2022
Great! Thank you!
Yes, this accommodation info is helpful. Gives me an idea of how many choices I have at different locations. In the same vein, is there a place where I can get info about grocery stores or where people get water?
cj2003
cj2003
Sadly, not anywere I am aware of. I didn't feel it was an issue during the camino - but it wasn't really how when we walked it in March/April
Thank you. This is so useful for planning my trip.
cj2003
cj2003
And thanks to you :-) just happy that it's being used and can help other pilggrims!
Thank you SO MUCH for all your efforts in putting this fabulous resource together!
We walked this route in 2015 and will do so again this fall. Fabulous job. We appreciate your all hard work.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back