• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

eCamino - practical and spiritual guide book for smartphones

eCamino - practical and spiritual guide book for smartphones 2014-01-14

No permission to download
eCamino team is creating smartphone application to GPS-enabled devices and a web portal backend solution for pilgrims with practical and spiritual guidance.

The smartphone apps will available soon in iOS, Android and WP8 platforms.

The application is an offline tool which supports navigation and all the useful information which needed for a pilgrim on the way (location based content, accommodation, food, things to see…) and gives spiritual guidance. This is a reliable mobile companion on the road, and can work without mobile internet connection also. It helps in emergency. Shares useful information, news and give feedback for others. We support the user generated content (pictures, voice, POI and track info) and build the community with the assistance of the platform.
Author
Csaba Antal
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
1.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

Downloaded this app back in early 2014 and gave up using it due to bugs (login issues, maps did not work correctly, etc).
Passed on my comments and observation to dev team and bugs were not fixed in a timely fashion.
Deleted app from my iPad.
Recently tried again to download app and discovered it was impossible to download current version ( November 2014).
Long sync required that fails after 5 minutes.
Tried 3 times to download and access app
Now I discover you must spend $11 US to find out if maps work which based on my previous experience with app - don't work, so not keen to try.
Overall a painful experience.
Personally as one person suggested this app is not ready for the camino and maybe never ready.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back