What Caminos are contained in the zip file?
|Camino de Fisterra y Muxía||Camino Francés|
|Camino de Invierno||Camino Mozarabé|
|Camino de Lana||Camino Portugués|
|Camino de Levante||Camino Primitivo|
|Camino de Madrid||Camino San Salvador|
|Camino del Norte||Vía de la Plata|
What’s in the zip file?
README - Average Temperatures on the CaminoThis document as a Word file, and a PDF file.
HTML FilesThe HTML files display weather charts of the average temperatures for each stage on the Camino. There is an HTML file for each month of the year. The HTML files are viewable in the web browser of your choice (e.g. Google Chrome).
The files are organized into directories by Camino name. Each Camino directory contains two sub-directories, one for Fahrenheit, and one for Celsius.
Excel Macro Enabled WorkbookThe Excel file contains the data and code to generate the HTML files. There is a sheet for each Camino that details each stage of the Camino. The code is dependent on the data in the sheet.
The sheets are protected, but there is NO PASSWORD.
UPDATE: Per the weatherspark webmaster, "The default unit set is US Customary for requests from the US and is metric otherwise." Therefore, running the following macro should create an HTML file in the default unit (fahrenheit or celcius) just ignore the Fahrenheit in the file name. This macro is significantly faster because it does not use Internet Explorer.
Where did the weather charts come from?The weather charts where excerpted from weatherspark.com. Note: the nearest available city weather chart is displayed when the original city could not be found.
How to open the HTML filesHere are four ways to open the HTML files in Chrome on a Windows PC.
- Double click the HTML file in File Explorer.
- Press Ctrl+O on your keyboard and browse for the HTML file on your computer.
- Drag the HTML file into Google Chrome from your computer desktop or folder. Your cursor displays a little '+' sign if the action is successful.
- Type the location, also known as the path, of the HTML file in the address bar, then press Enter.
How to navigate to weatherspark.com using the hyperlinks in the HTML files.Click one of the following to navigate to weatherspark.com:
- The header above the chart contains a hyperlink to weatherspark.com for the displayed city and day.
- The left and right arrows on the chart contain a hyperlink to weatherspark.com for the displayed city and the previous or next day.