• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

10k days from Sarria?

sonhador

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017, 2023)
After making SJPDP to Fromista,dad suspects he may have a stress fracture. If we end up making some changes are there any issues with doing 10k days and sending his bag ahead from Sarria? Trying to figure out what are options are as we talk with the docs this morning.

Tanks!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Sorry to hear that your father is injured! Hopefully it is not a fracture.

From Sarria onwards there's a lot of accommodation and 10km days should be possible, pack service is also available on that section.

You can check gronze for distances and accommodation.

If it's indeed a stress fracture the doctor's advice might be not to walk any further.

I had a stress fracture on the Camino last year. After a week of complete rest, I still could only walk ~5km the first day and with lots of pain. Don't recommend it, but I understand how difficult it can be to not walk. If the doctor's advice is that walking is still possible, very short days with pack transport sound like a good solution.

All the best and buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks! That's what I figured, however, thought I would check with the experts! We're in Fromista now and the health clinic opens shortly, so we'll have some actual info then. Right now I'm brainstorming options. :)

Thanks! That's what I figured, however, thought I would check with the experts! We're in Fromista now and the health clinic opens shortly, so we'll have some actual info then. Right now I'm brainstorming options. :)

Do keep us informed.

Hope you two can finish the journey.

Buen camino.

On the train to Leon. Doc said two weeks rest for walking tendonitis, Dad's willing to give it three days at the moment. We'll see what the future holds.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was just about to suggest the train to Leon...but you already got that 👍
Stay in there and have your Dad rest
Hopefully it'll come to pass
Good luck and Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Sarria to Morgade
12.0 km

Morgade to Portomarín
9.6 km

Portomarín to Ventas de Narón
12.9 km

Ventas de Narón to Palas de Rei
11.2 km

Palas de Rei to Melide
14.0 km

Melide to Arzúa
14.2 km

Arzúa to Salceda
11.3 km

Salceda to Pedrouzo
9.1 km

Pedrouzo to Lavacolla
9.6 km

Lavacolla to Santiago
10.0 km

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sarria to Morgade
12.0 km

Morgade to Portomarín
9.6 km

Portomarín to Ventas de Narón
12.9 km

Ventas de Narón to Palas de Rei
11.2 km

Palas de Rei to Melide
14.0 km

Melide to Arzúa
14.2 km

Arzúa to Salceda
11.3 km

Salceda to Pedrouzo
9.1 km

Pedrouzo to Lavacolla
9.6 km

Lavacolla to SSanti

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I had terrible tendinitis right around that section. Took two days rest in Leon and then aggressively taped my arches and Achilles/heels with KT tape every day from there. Also started sending my pack forwards and icing plus elevating my feet each night for 30 min as soon as I finished walking. Was able to complete my Camino and now in Finisterre.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back