23rd May 2016 from Ages for a week

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi there,
Back again. Finished in Ages, just before Burgos last year so continuing on from there this year.
Flying to Bilbao from Dublin with 3 of my sisters.
Can't wait!!
Welcome back, wish you all four a wonderful time together and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Reactions: AudTrekker
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Dutch

Straightforward
Jan 21, 2014
www.idonthaveone.sorry
SJPP-SdC sept '13
Porto-SdC May '14
SdC-Finis/Muxia May '14
SJPP-Finisterre sept '14
Pamplona-Burgos march '15
Porto - Sdc may '15
Camino salkantay june '15
SJPP - SdC aug/sept '15

Pacific Crest Trail april thru sept 2016
Enjoy! The walk out of Ages is nice, especialy right after Atapuerca. The last several km's into Burgos not so much, but Burgos is nice, so makes up for it :)

Devon Mike

Jan 4, 2015
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 & 2019), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
Enjoy! The walk out of Ages is nice, especialy right after Atapuerca. The last several km's into Burgos not so much, but Burgos is nice, so makes up for it :)
The signposted route into Burgos is a long trek through the built up suburbs, but there is an alternative route known as the River Route which follows the Rio Arlanzon right to the Cathedral and is so much nicer.

After passing through the village Orbaneja, the Camino crosses a main dual carriageway road. Just after that there is a track off to the left in front of some new housing. The signs direct you straight ahead, but ignore them and take the track to the left. This track skirts round the back of Burgos airport and joins a road at Castanares where you go straight across and find the river where you cross it and turn right, then keep it on your right side all the way to the Cathedral.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides