• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

25% off Interrail Passes

TravellingMan22

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese/Frances 2020/Norte 2021
For those European residents who like to add some European Travel onto their Camino, Interrail has come out a a 25% off offer on a number of passes.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For those European residents who like to add some European Travel onto their Camino, Interrail has come out a a 25% off offer on a number of passes.

Or, for those 60+ of age, you can buy the Tarjeta Dorada (gold card) at railway stations in Spain. It gives you a 25% discount on all railway travels inside Spain for a whole year. for 6 € (!) whatever nationality.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Or, for those 60+ of age, you can buy the Tarjeta Dorada (gold card) at railway stations in Spain. It gives you a 25% discount on all railway travels inside Spain for a whole year. for 6 € (!) whatever nationality.
An update : now available for 3 years. 15€
I’m from Australia and bought the 3 yr pass (Tarjeta Dorada) in sept2023. Valid until sept2026. I purchased at the station & they requested payment in cash.

Last year I bought the two month pass for 50% off and visited 16 countries instead of walking the Camino Frances this past Spring (2023). Now as I am making plans for the Spring of 2024 my Deutsche Bahn app keeps referring me to Interrail because it is a cheaper way to get to southern France.

It is worth noting both France and Spain require reservations in addition to the Interrail passes.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Last year I bought the two month pass for 50% off and visited 16 countries instead of walking the Camino Frances this past Spring (2023). Now as I am making plans for the Spring of 2024 my Deutsche Bahn app keeps referring me to Interrail because it is a cheaper way to get to southern France.

It is worth noting both France and Spain require reservations in addition to the Interrail passes.
Indeed! I did the 50% off deal too. What a bargain!!

Yes the reservation fee for the intercity trains is noted! Bit frustrating esp. in Spain as so many of the services ‘hub’ through Madrid and you pay a fee ‘per segment’ rather than ‘per journey’ so Seville to Madrid to Bilbao for example is €20!

Word is that France, in 2024, will make a 30 day pass available (for unlimited travel) for a very cheap price (I can't remember the exact price but < $50. However, not valid for high speed trains. So watch for this is you have plans to travel France in 2024.

Word is that France, in 2024, will make a 30 day pass available (for unlimited travel) for a very cheap price (I can't remember the exact price but < $50. However, not valid for high speed trains. So watch for this is you have plans to travel France in 2024.
Indeed. Sounds a ‘mirror image’ of the current one in Germany that costs €49!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That's great news as I will be flying into Lyon, and going to travel to various areas, including the coastal Portuguese, the Tour du Mont Blanc, and visiting relatives in Slovakia. I was debating where my starting point should be as I'm flying in from Vancouver, Canada, but thought more central would be nice. Thanks for the info.

That's great news as I will be flying into Lyon, and going to travel to various areas, including the coastal Portuguese, the Tour du Mont Blanc, and visiting relatives in Slovakia. I was debating where my starting point should be as I'm flying in from Vancouver, Canada, but thought more central would be nice. Thanks for the info.
Yes, but will need to see what the terms and conditions are. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong, but whilst you didn’t need to be a German resident to get a monthly pass there, you did need to pay from a German bank account. It was also a calendar month pass, renewable monthly. That doesn’t mean France will necessarily do the same things, but I assume the objective is to get people off the roads and onto the trains, especially for shorter journeys, rather than as an incentive for tourists, so it may be a similar set up. I am just guessing though!

Last edited:
Yes, but will need to see what the terms and conditions are. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong, butbwhilst you didn’t need to be a German resident to get a monthly pass there, you did need to pay from a German bank account. It was also a calendar month pass, renewable monthly. That doesn’t mean France will necessarily do the same things, but I assume the objective is to get people off the roads and onto the trains, especially for shorter journeys, rather than as an incentive for tourists, so it may be a similar set up. I am just guessing though!
Thanks,,, that's a good point. Will see what happens.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, but will need to see what the terms and conditions are. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong, butbwhilst you didn’t need to be a German resident to get a monthly pass there, you did need to pay from a German bank account. It was also a calendar month pass, renewable monthly. That doesn’t mean France will necessarily do the same things, but I assume the objective is to get people off the roads and onto the trains, especially for shorter journeys, rather than as an incentive for tourists, so it may be a similar set up. I am just guessing though!
You are correct about the monthly passes in Germany. I'm a German resident, but an American citizen and do not have a German bank account so was unable to sign-up for the new passes whereas the 9 euro monthly passes from last summer allowed me to use my debit card to purchase them through the DB app.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back