• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Brother's Way

Jerm828

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2018. St Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre
Hello All,

I walked the Camino Frances in May-June 2018 to deliver my brother's ashes and I thought I'd share my experience here. I hope to find some of the pilgrims I walked with as I didn't get too many email addresses while out there. I made a video of my experience and put it on YouTube. You can find it here:

It was such a wonderful experience as you all know and I am forever grateful I had the opportunity to do it. The other day one of my Camino friends passed through my town and we met for dinner. Talking to him was like we were on the trail again. We talked about what matters to us most and shared some of our highlight experiences as many of you do on here.

Buen Camino!
Jeremy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello All,

I walked the Camino Frances in May-June 2018 to deliver my brother's ashes and I thought I'd share my experience here. I hope to find some of the pilgrims I walked with as I didn't get too many email addresses while out there. I made a video of my experience and put it on YouTube. You can find it here:

It was such a wonderful experience as you all know and I am forever grateful I had the opportunity to do it. The other day one of my Camino friends passed through my town and we met for dinner. Talking to him was like we were on the trail again. We talked about what matters to us most and shared some of our highlight experiences as many of you do on here.

Buen Camino!
Jeremy

i saw it few days ago.... sometimes how i wish, ocean swallow me whole too, nevertheless, life is beautiful though.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello All,

Buen Camino!
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy. For sharing such a personal journey.
Resonates in so many ways.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wonderful Jeremy! Thanks for sharing. I carried my parents' ashes on my 2016 Camino so this brought back a lot of memories. Buen Camino.

Hey Jeremy, What a great tribute to your brother. I'm happy to see that you had a wonderful Camino. Your video brought back vivid memories for me...I was about 4 day ahead of you starting in SJPdP on May 13 and arriving in Santiago on June 17.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Jeremy, What a great tribute to your brother. I'm happy to see that you had a wonderful Camino. Your video brought back vivid memories for me...I was about 4 day ahead of you starting in SJPdP on May 13 and arriving in Santiago on June 17.
Wow we just missed each other, I started on May 18th from SJPdP!

Wow we just missed each other, I started on May 18th from SJPdP!

As I was watching I was thinking we had to both be there at about the same time due to the lush green Meseta and the overcast sky. It was a "cool" (temperature) and "moist" (rainy/misty/cloudy) Camino for me but it was beautiful and I appreciated seeing the Camino from this perspective. It made the views and some places feel more mysterious. I also prefer to walk and sleep in cool weather so I got lucky in that sense. Due to the frequent overcast sky, when the sun did come out I think I had so much more appreciation for it.

I decided I would ask you when you started but then I received the answer when I saw your Compostela on the video that has your start and end date.

Did you have a "moist" Camino also? Even though at least half the days were overcast and it was obviously raining nearby or in the general area but I only walked in rain for short periods of time and it was never a downpour. Going over the Pyrenees it was a light gentle rain on and off for most of the day and I had two other days similar to that...sustained gentle rain for about half the day. Throughout my Camino, I did talk to people walking the same route on the same day but an hour ahead or behind that got soaked in heavy rain on days I experienced a little rain and even on days when there was no rain but heavy clouds above. So just a few kilometers can make a big difference in the weather regarding rain.

Your videography and editing is really good. I am new at taking video and have no experience editing. I bought a tiny video camera for this trip that did not have a view finder on it so I never saw the scene from the camera's perspective when I was shooting. When I got to Pamplona I stayed 2 nights in an AirBnB so I had a place to review what I had shot and transfer SD cards to a hard drive I brought. I was devastated to see my results. I panned back and forth at the same speed one would naturally move their head when enjoying a view...yielding unwatchable footage. The camera was frequently tilted so the horizon was not level...uggghh. There were 4 or 5 fantastic clips I thought I took but they were missing???? It's a good thing I shot a ton of video. I will be able to harvest very short sections of some of my clips to make something that is watchable...maybe. I'll let you know when I have put something together. Due to the volume of pics and videos I have and no experience using video software it might be another 6 months before I have anything to show but I know it will be worthwhile once I get it done. Your film motivates me to get working on it.

Last edited:
As I was watching I was thinking we had to both be there at about the same time due to the lush green Meseta and the overcast sky. It was a "cool" (temperature) and "moist" (rainy/misty/cloudy) Camino for me but it was beautiful and I appreciated seeing the Camino from this perspective. It made the views and some places feel more mysterious. I also prefer to walk and sleep in cool weather so I got lucky in that sense. Due to the frequent overcast sky, when the sun did come out I think I had so much more appreciation for it.

I decided I would ask you when you started but then I received the answer when I saw your Compostela on the video that has your start and end date.

Did you have a "moist" Camino also? Even though at least half the days were overcast and it was obviously raining nearby or in the general area I only walked in rain for short periods of time and it was never a downpour. Going over the Pyrenees it was a light gentle rain on and off for most of the day and I had two other days similar to that...sustained gentle rain for about half the day. Throughout my Camino, I did talk to people walking the same route on the same day but an hour ahead or behind that got soaked in heavy rain on days I experienced a little rain and even on days when there was no rain but heavy clouds above. So just a few kilometers can make a big difference in the weather regarding rain.

Your videography and editing is really good. I am new at taking video and have no experience editing. I bought a tiny video camera for this trip that did not have a view finder on it so I never saw the scene from the camera's perspective when I was shooting. When I got to Pamplona I stayed 2 nights in an AirBnB so I had a place to review what I had shot and transfer SD cards to a hard drive I brought. I was devastated to see my results. I panned back and forth at the same speed one would naturally move their head when enjoying a view...yielding unwatchable footage. The camera was frequently tilted so the horizon was not level...uggghh. There were 4 or 5 fantastic clips I thought I took but they were missing???? It's a good thing I shot a ton of video. I will be able to harvest very short sections of some of my clips to make something that is watchable...maybe. I'll let you know when I have put something together. Due to the volume of pics and videos I have and no experience using video software it might be another 6 months before I have anything to show but I know it will be worthwhile once I get it done. You film motivates me to get working on it.

Yeah I experienced pretty much the same weather. There were a few times when the rain poured down but it didn't last too long. Enjoy the video making video process!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Through your beautiful film, your brother, and the deep love you shared, will touch many lives.
It is a fitting tribute to Jimmy and a moving testament to your commitment to honour him.
Thank you for sharing this precious gift.
Ultreia!
'Ultreia', that's one of my favorite words from the Camino, thank you for the reminder.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.