• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Digital Pack Fitting Tool

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That is a very clever app. Unfortunately, it is not yet available on the U.S. iTunes app store site. My Apple ID will not work on the UK site, or any European site for that matter.

So, I must be patient... On the other hand, I already have an Osprey pack I like very much. We set off for our second Camino in five weeks.

It's all good...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Glad that I don't have a smartphone. I would go nuts with this, trying to advice everybody about their packs

Nooooo. I've already bought my pack. Hands over ears now.
Annie

It's like the old song from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (1960s vintage) "If you can't be with the one you love...love the one you're with..." Seriously, if the pack you selected fits you and is comfortable, it is the right pack.

Go with what you know and have, with no regrets. Like new cars, and bargains on the high street, there is always something shinier, flashier, and less expensive coming along. It can get boring after a while.

I know what my correct pack size is. I bought it last year. I wore it on my first Camino and will wear it again this year. Time taught me how to adjust it properly for the optimum fit.

BTW, I use the Osprey Kestrel 48 liter rucksack in the M/L size torso. But because I have longish legs and a shortish torso, the rucksack "frame" is adjusted to it's minimum length. It's all good.

There is no such thing as the best anything. There are solutions that work for you, and that is all that matters.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hmm, this app crashes on my HTC Desire S with gingerbread. Doesn't matter though, my new Osprey Kestrel 38 came from England a few weeks ago and fits well.

As useful as it looks it really should be only the first step in selecting a backpack. Nothing beats testing a fully loaded backpack before you buy it! SY

I tried it and it worked. It recommended what looked like their entire range. There were no suggestions for how to adjust or load a pack. I would expect an honest advert to be more useful.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum