• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A free cinematic, pre-release Camino treat for Sydney pilgrims

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Time of past OR future Camino
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
Greetings all -

Firstly, a note to the Moderators, if I’ve posted this thread in the wrong location, please move it to the correct location on the Forum - many thanks.

Bill Bennett, the award-winning Australian film-maker and author, has made a fictional film based on his 2013 Camino memoir, ‘The Way, My Way’. The film stars the British-born Australian actor, Chris Haywood, who’s appeared in many Australian films and TV productions. He’s a very well-known Australian actor and Aussie Forum members are sure to recognise him - he’s been on our TV screens for decades. He plays Bill in the film. The actor and producer Jennifer Cluff plays Bill’s wife in the film. Bill and Jennifer are married ‘in real life’.

Bill and Jennifer would like to invite Sydney Forum members to a final locked cut screening this coming Thursday, 5 October, at 2.30pm. Details are -

HOYTS Entertainment Quarter
Bent Street
Moore Park

As mentioned above, the screening is free of charge. It would be very helpful to Bill and Jennifer if they could receive feedback from Camino veterans at the conclusion of the film.

I saw a rough cut of the film a few weeks ago and I loved it - there were laugh-out-loud moments and moments which touched my heart. If you liked ‘The Way’ you will really like this film. It’s a wonderful and respectful representation of the pilgrim experience on the Camino Frances, with brilliant acting and stunning cinematography.

If you’d like to go to the screening please PM me and I’ll pass on numbers to Bill.

Cheers from Sydney -
Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Is there a trailer available for those of us not lucky enough to be in Sydney? Loved Bill’s book !
Hi Martin - not yet, unfortunately. I’ll ask on Thursday when the trailer might be released and will post the details here on the Forum.
Thanks so much for your feedback on the book and your interest in the film. I’ll let Bill know about this on Thursday.
Cheers and best wishes -
Jenny

Greetings all -

Firstly, a note to the Moderators, if I’ve posted this thread in the wrong location, please move it to the correct location on the Forum - many thanks.

Bill Bennett, the award-winning Australian film-maker and author, has made a fictional film based on his 2013 Camino memoir, ‘The Way, My Way’. The film stars the British-born Australian actor, Chris Haywood, who’s appeared in many Australian films and TV productions. He’s a very well-known Australian actor and Aussie Forum members are sure to recognise him - he’s been on our TV screens for decades. He plays Bill in the film. The actor and producer Jennifer Cluff plays Bill’s wife in the film. Bill and Jennifer are married ‘in real life’.

Bill and Jennifer would like to invite Sydney Forum members to a final locked cut screening this coming Thursday, 5 October, at 2.30pm. Details are -

HOYTS Entertainment Quarter
Bent Street
Moore Park

As mentioned above, the screening is free of charge. It would be very helpful to Bill and Jennifer if they could receive feedback from Camino veterans at the conclusion of the film.

I saw a rough cut of the film a few weeks ago and I loved it - there were laugh-out-loud moments and moments which touched my heart. If you liked ‘The Way’ you will really like this film. It’s a wonderful and respectful representation of the pilgrim experience on the Camino Frances, with brilliant acting and stunning cinematography.

If you’d like to go to the screening please PM me and I’ll pass on numbers to Bill.

Cheers from Sydney -
Jenny
Keen to see it too as loved the book and have enjoyed listening to podcast interviews with Bill and Jennifer too. When will the film be shown nationally and internationally?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Jenny
Dale and I have been waiting for this to come out. Unfortunately we are in the USA . If its half as good as the book it will be a hit. Hope it hits our theaters soon. Hugs to you., Bill and Jen
Lynda Lozner

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Louise -

I’ve just heard from Bill - he ended up having more people from his own group accept the invitation than he thought, so at this stage the seats are still fully allocated. He has undertaken to let me know straight away if anyone drops out.

Again, thanks so much for your interest.

Best wishes -
Jenny

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Jenny
Dale and I have been waiting for this to come out. Unfortunately we are in the USA . If its half as good as the book it will be a hit. Hope it hits our theaters soon. Hugs to you., Bill and Jen
Lynda Lozner
Hi Lynda and Dale -
So terrific to hear from you! I hope it won’t be too long before there are screenings in the US.
Our mate Bill has done a fine job with this movie - you’re gonna love it!
I’ll give Bill and Jen hugs from you both on Thursday -
Abrazos y besos -
Jenny

Further update on “The Way, My Way” screening on Thursday.

As advised yesterday and further to a conversation I had with Bill a short while ago today, the screening is still at capacity. Bill ended up with more people in his own group than expected.

If any of the Forum members who’ve accepted and who I’ve confirmed their attendance find they can’t make the screening after all, please PM me and I’ll then contact Forum members who are on the Reserve list. Likewise, Bill has said if anyone does drop out from his group he’ll let me know straight away so I can offer that ticket/those tickets to those on the list.

Best wishes to all -
Jenny

Hi Louise -

I’ve just heard from Bill - he ended up having more people from his own group accept the invitation than he thought, so at this stage the seats are still fully allocated. He has undertaken to let me know straight away if anyone drops out.

Again, thanks so much for your interest.

Best wishes -
Jenny
Thanks Jenny, appreciate your reply.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back