• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Melbourne Forum members - a free, cinematic treat!

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Time of past OR future Camino
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
Hi everyone -

Yesterday several Sydney Forum members participated in a screening of ‘The Way, My Way’ which is a fictional film based on the 2013 book of the same name, written by the award-winning Australian film maker, Bill Bennett. The film was very well received, with fantastic feedback.

Bill would like to offer Melbourne Forum members and also the Melbourne Camino group the same opportunity to see a screening as the Sydney pilgrims. Note - I’ve emailed the Melbourne Camino group.

At this stage he’s finalising the date, which is likely to be either next Thursday, 12 October OR Friday, 13 October. I don’t have any further details at this stage - as soon as I do I’ll post them here on the Forum.

The film is set on The Way itself, except for a few scenes at the beginning which were filmed in regional NSW where Bill lives. It stars the well-known British-born Australian actor Chris Haywood, who’s been in a ton of films and tv shows over the decades. You’d recognise his face.

There are scenes in the film which will make you laugh out loud and moments which will touch your heart. It’s a wonderful film.

If you think you might be free either Thursday OR Friday, could you please register your interest via a PM to me please. I appreciate it’s difficult to say that you could be interested without full details, however, for those who can possibly give an indication I’d be really pleased to hear from you.

There is space for 20 people overall at the screening.

Best wishes -

Jenny

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone -

Yesterday several Sydney Forum members participated in a screening of ‘The Way, My Way’ which is a fictional film based on the 2013 book of the same name, written by the award-winning Australian film maker, Bill Bennett. The film was very well received, with fantastic feedback.

Bill would like to offer Melbourne Forum members and also the Melbourne Camino group the same opportunity to see a screening as the Sydney pilgrims. Note - I’ve emailed the Melbourne Camino group.

At this stage he’s finalising the date, which is likely to be either next Thursday, 12 October OR Friday, 13 October. I don’t have any further details at this stage - as soon as I do I’ll post them here on the Forum.

The film is set on The Way itself, except for a few scenes at the beginning which were filmed in regional NSW where Bill lives. It stars the well-known British-born Australian actor Chris Haywood, who’s been in a ton of films and tv shows over the decades. You’d recognise his face.

There are scenes in the film which will make you laugh out loud and moments which will touch your heart. It’s a wonderful film.

If you think you might be free either Thursday OR Friday, could you please register your interest via a PM to me please. I appreciate it’s difficult to say that you could be interested without full details, however, for those who can possibly give an indication I’d be really pleased to hear from you.

Best wishes -

Jenny
Hi Jenny, I would like to express my interest in going. My name is Steve Sherry. If I miss out i presume it will show at some time. I’ve read Bill’s book and am a big fan of his earlier work. Thanks for posting this. Cheers Steve
Ps if 2 are available could my wife be included. She follows the Forum through my membership.

Last edited:
Hi everyone -

Best wishes -

Jenny
Hi Jenny, my name is David Slattery and I would be very interested in attending

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi everyone -

Best wishes -

Jenny
Hi Jenny
Sandra Murphy and Mick Mirovic would love to attend.
Cheers
Sandra

Hi Jenny, I would like to express my interest in going. My name is Steve Sherry. If I miss out i presume it will show at some time. I’ve read Bill’s book and am a big fan of his earlier work. Thanks for posting this. Cheers Steve
Ps if 2 are available could my wife be included. She follows the Forum through my membership.
Hi Steve -

Thanks so much for your interest not only in the movie but also the book.
I have both you and your wife on the list for the screening. You might like to bring your copy of the book along to the screening for Bill to sign.

I’ll be in touch once Bill has the date organised.

Cheers -
Jenny

Hi Jenny
Sandra Murphy and Mick Mirovic would love to attend.
Cheers
Sandra
Terrific Sandra and Mick - you’re both on the list. ‘Will be in touch as soon as I’m given the firm date.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Cheers -
Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Jenny, I will be in Melbourne next Thursday, and would love to attend if it is on that night. Friday is not going to be possible, I will be returning to Canberra that day.

Doug

Hi Doug - thanks so much for your interest - much appreciated. As soon as I hear anything I’ll let you know. It’s likely to be Monday or Tuesday before I hear anything further, however, the moment I get the news on the date I’ll be posting it on the Forum.
Cheers -
Jenny

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone -

Best wishes -

Jenny
Hi Jenny
Thanks for the opportunity.
Moira and Colin Kahn would very much like to participate.
Regards
Colin

Thanks so much Moira and Colin for your interest. You’re both on the list and as soon as the date is confirmed I’ll be in touch.

Best wishes -
Jenny

Hi Jenny
Regards

Update as at 10 October -

Hola everyone -

I spoke with Bill Bennett this morning, who apologises for not being able to set a firm date for the screening at this stage. He’s waiting on the availability of a representative from a national distributor for the film before he can set a firm date. Bill did say that it’s now more likely to be next week rather than later this week.

I’ll post here on the Forum as soon as I’m advised of the date and recognise that some Forum members who’ve registered their interest may not be available to attend the screening next week.

Cheers from Sydney -
Jenny

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Steve - it’s now looking like next week … will keep you posted.
Cheers - Jenny

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Jenny, I will be in Melbourne next Thursday, and would love to attend if it is on that night. Friday is not going to be possible, I will be returning to Canberra that day.

Doug
Hi Doug -
The screening’s looking like it’ll be next week so unfortunately you’ll miss it as you’ll be back in Canberra by then. Enjoy wonderful Melbourne!
Cheers - Jenny

Hi Jenny
Regards
Colin
Hi Moira and Colin -
It now looks like the screening will be next week - ‘will keep you posted.
Cheers - Jenny

Hi Jenny, do you know when the movie will get general release? I read Bill's book before my first Camino and would love to check out the movie.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Jenny, do you know when the movie will get general release? I read Bill's book before my first Camino and would love to check out the movie.
Hi Lindsay - thanks so much for your interest. Ar this stage Bill feels it’ll be released either April/May OR September next year. He intends to release the trailer in around six weeks. I’ll post the link to the trailer as soon as I hear it’s uploaded.
You’ll really love the movie - it’s true to the book and is in turn really funny and has some poignant scenes which will stay with you.
Cheers -
Jenny

Hi Steve -

Thanks so much for your interest not only in the movie but also the book.
I have both you and your wife on the list for the screening. You might like to bring your copy of the book along to the screening for Bill to sign.

I’ll be in touch once Bill has the date organised.

Cheers -
Jenny
Hi Jenny, I’m not sure if I’ve missed something or you haven’t been able to post any more information on the movie premiere. Do you know any more about it, thanks Steve

Hi Jenny, I’m not sure if I’ve missed something or you haven’t been able to post any more information on the movie premiere. Do you know any more about it, thanks Steve
Hi Steve - thanks so much for your interest … I did do an update yesterday - see my post to you #13 above.
Unfortunately I don’t have any further news. Bill needs to confirm the availability of the proposed distributor before the screening date is set and it’s proving to be later than he first thought. Given it’s Wednesday and there’s no fresh news I think that it’s unlikely a screening will happen this week.
I’ll keep you updated once I have more information.
Best wishes -
Jenny

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Steve - thanks so much for your interest … I did do an update yesterday - see my post to you #13 above.
Unfortunately I don’t have any further news. Bill needs to confirm the availability of the proposed distributor before the screening date is set and it’s proving to be later than he first thought. Given it’s Wednesday and there’s no fresh news I think that it’s unlikely a screening will happen this week.
Best wishes -
Jenny
If it gets delayed any more then I would be interested. I am in Melbourne for ten days starting on the 24th October.

I will also be on the GC for two weeks from the 14th of November if he is thinking of a Brisbane showing?

If it gets delayed any more then I would be interested. I am in Melbourne for ten days starting on the 24th October.

I will also be on the GC for two weeks from the 14th of November if he is thinking of a Brisbane showing?
Cheers Doug - thanks for your interest.

While writing, I hope you had a wonderful time in Spain after we had our catch up in Santiago and that Madrid particularly worked out really well.

Will keep you posted re the film -

Best wishes -

Jenny

While writing, I hope you had a wonderful time in Spain after we had our catch up in Santiago and that Madrid particularly worked out really well.
I did!

I met some fabulous Spanish people in Valencia who inspired me to alter the way I view myself and I am currently adjusting to that new view. I also had some fun in Madrid but Valencia was definitely the highlight for me on this trip.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me in Santiago 😀, I enjoyed meeting you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
UPDATE: the screening has now been set for next Monday, 16 October.

Details are:

HOYTS Docklands cinema complex
440 Docklands Drive
DOCKLANDS, Melbourne, 2008

It’s a 10.30 screening. Please arrive at 10am. Bill will be in the foyer to meet everyone.

Here he is … for ID purposes!

1924A2E9-F69A-4070-9AE4-E768D727F398.jpeg

The cinema has 50 seats so there should be plenty of seating. If you would like to invite some friends please feel free to do this. As posted above, it’s a free screening.

If you could let me know numbers I’d be really appreciative. I can then pass on the information to Bill.

Best wishes from Sydney -
Jenny

Last edited:
I did!

I met some fabulous Spanish people in Valencia who inspired me to alter the way I view myself and I am currently adjusting to that new view. I also had some fun in Madrid but Valencia was definitely the highlight for me on this trip.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me in Santiago 😀, I enjoyed meeting you.
Hi Doug - glad to hear all worked out really well and that you had such valuable insights - what a wonderful gift.

Unfortunately the screening is next Monday so it’s too soon for you. If there’s a Brisbane screening I’ll be in touch.

Cheers!

Best wishes -
Jenny
Hi Steve - at last - news! Please see my post No.25 for the update. I hope you and your wife can make it to the screening.
Cheers - Jenny

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks so much Moira and Colin for your interest. You’re both on the list and as soon as the date is confirmed I’ll be in touch.

Best wishes -
Jenny
Hi Moira and Colin - at last! Some news! Please see my post No.25 for an update. I hope you can both get to the screening.
Cheers - Jenny

Hi Sandra and Mick - it’s now looking like next week - will keep you posted.
Cheers - Jenny
Hi Sandra and Mick - at last! Some news! Please see my post No.25 for an update. I hope you can both get to the screening.
Cheers - Jenny

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Moira and Colin -
It now looks like the screening will be next week - ‘will keep you posted.
Cheers - Jenny
Hi Moira and Colin - At last! Some news! Please see my post No.25 for an update. I hope you can both get to the screening.
Cheers - Jenny

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back