• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new member say "hola"

PilgrimChris

Hello, Hola, Kaixo
My name is Chris and warmest greetings to you all!
I, like so many of you are doing and indeed so many have already done, am setting off on my own Camino next year. I am setting off mid March to hopefully arrive at the Field of Stars by Easter before ending my pilgrimage at the 'end of the world' in Finisterre a few days later.
I am a keen walker though appreciate (more so after reading various accounts here) that i am in for a wonderful if not sometimes painful experience :)
I would like to thank some of your personally for your instructive comments and advice that you have so graciously shared here and hopefully will do if you pop and say 'hi' :)
I look forward to making friends not only on my physical walk to Santiago de Compostela, but here in these forums too so please dont be shy and make a fellow pilgrim welcome (as i know many of you will) as i equally welcome you all in my life.
May your God bless you all and if you dont have a God then i know mine will watch over you :)
Chris

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola Chris,

Yes, "wonderful if not sometimes painful experience" is probably a fair description.
You have picked a great season to walk in, I walked at a similar time in 2009.
Hope you have an amazing walk.

Buen Camino
Col

Thank you Col !

It seems to be a less travelled time and that suits me fine.
I was trying to strike a balance between the weather and the pilgrim "season" so to speak.
I understand that it is a temperamental time of year weather wise and as i camp on my walks i didn't really fancy the dead of winter nor the hight of summer though i can see from various reports in the forums that i could still face snow, rain as well as sun. These are all fine as a mix of weather, temperature and varied conditions seem great.
Chris

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey Chris!

I feel a tad awkward saying "welcome" as I feel like such a newbie myself on this forum. But I've been reading and enjoying your recent posts and I really like your spirit. I just wanted to add that I walked from StJPP to Santiago this past June (2010) during the Holy Year and not only was the weather marvelous (for the most part,) but we had no problems with beds/crowds. We finished July 15th. So if your plans change, and you find yourself having to go later, I wouldn't sweat it.

So jealous of you starting on your journey. It is an amazing one, and one that I now realize, is truly indescribable after all.

Buen Camino!

Hello Nandy

Thank you for your lovely and humble welcome! It is so good to be welcomed by newbies and veterans alike as one of the reasons for me joining this lively forum was to make friends with like-minded people as well as to learn from and enjoy all your experiences :)

Thank you for your comments on my posts too! I like to engage in conversation as their is too little real communication between people i feel. A lot of questions yes and as valid as they are to those who pose them (indeed i have many myself), it is always preferable to be friendly and forth-right with people. My own opinion of course and am sure not shared by all (be a dull old world otherwise :) )

Congratulations on your recent walk to the "Field of Stars"! And in Holy Year too! Marvelous :) As a Catholic I would have loved to have made my pilgrimage this year, however i would have had too little time for various reasons. Your own Camino must still be so vivid for you as its only 4 months since you completed it. I envy your memories!

It is wonderful to hear you had clement weather and although my own walk will be somewhat earlier in the year I pray the weather will be forgiving. God willing my plans wont have to be changed as a Lentern Pilgrimage, for me, seems appropriate at this stage of my life though i am lucky to be flexible should things change.

I am so pleased you enjoyed an amazing journey and as much as I understand how difficult to put into words your experience I wonder if you would care to talk a little about it? Of course you may be "talked out" by now with your friends and family no doubt squeezing every detail out of you and if so then please dont feel obliged because i asked :)

Again many thanks for your upbeat and encouraging message!

God bless you and keep you
Chris

Good luck Chris! I did the Camino several years ago but the experience remains as vivid as ever...the Camino never really leaves you....Buen Camino! Chris

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.