• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A pilgrim from Australia

Felix32

G'day, my username is Felix32 and I'm from Sydney. I'm planning to commence walking at Le Puy-en- Velay about 15th or 16th August and I'm taking my time because I'm giving myself up to 7 weeks to get to Saint Jean-Pied-de-Port. I hope to meet lots of pilgrims on the way. See you later.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino Felix32. Have a great walk.
Col

Have a great camino Felix32. Enjoy every minute of it. We are planning our next camino for 2011 and can't wait. Best thing ever.
Buen camino. Carole (south coast, NSW)

PS Have you been to the CSJ meetings in Sydney? If not I'll look up when they are on and let you know.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi felix32. My husband and I walked from SJPDP to SC last April/May with many amazing memories. I have one week in October so hope to walk from Sarria to SC starting about 26th October. You will probably be finished by then. Enjoy your walk.
We are from Maitland just inland from Newcastle which has some beautiful walks around beaches and on bush trails (can't really call them mountains after crossing the Pyrennes!).
It's great that so many more Aussies and Kiwis are making the pilgrimage.
Buen Camino!
:D Suzie

Felix32 said:
G'day, my username is Felix32 and I'm from Sydney. I'm planning to commence walking at Le Puy-en- Velay about 15th or 16th August and I'm taking my time because I'm giving myself up to 7 weeks to get to Saint Jean-Pied-de-Port. I hope to meet lots of pilgrims on the way. See you later.
Hi Felix,
You might be interested in a new blog about the Le Puy route currently being written by another Australian from the forum- Robert. He calls it Slow Camino:
http://slowcamino.wordpress.com/
Margaret

G'Day All,
Hello from Western Australia. I fly to Madrid on monday, then on to Leon where i start my Pilgrimage. I've been looking for feedback from Pilgrims who have come home, but there's not much posted. As soon as possible i'll post on this forum to let you know how easy or hard it is for accomodation. Buen Camino Tanya 8)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Felix

Buen Camino - enjoy your wanderings and journey on the camino

Sharon :wink:

Hi Felix, I walked from le Puy to Santiago in 2007. It is a very beautiful way - particularly when you are on the Aubrac plateau - lots of granite, grass and cows! Even in mid summer there were plenty of wildflowers alogn the path. Lots of lovely little towns / villages to walk through. Plenty of hills - including a very steep one to get out of Le Puy and very steep descent into Conques (and an equally steep ascent on leaving too.!

Enjoy! Janet

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back