• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New pilgrim, alone on the Camino Inglés from Sunday

Wolfinho

Time of past OR future Camino
06-23 Camino Portugues
09-23 Camino Ingles
Hi, My name is Wolfinho.
I'm starting my second Way of St. James from Sunday, this time the Camino Inglese from Ferrol after the Camino Portuguesa de la Costa in June. I'm walking alone again, but this time I want to stay in pilgrim hostels instead of in pre-booked guesthouses. If someone from the forum is on the same route at the same time, then I would be happy if we could walk together for a stage now and then. I'm usually more of a control type who books everything in advance, so it's a brave first for me to take the risk of arriving somewhere in the afternoon and not finding a free bed in one place. What are your experiences on the Camino Inglese? Is the path very crowded there in September or do the not exactly small differences in altitude on the path with ascents and descents deter many pilgrims and you end up walking alone most of the time? And what is the weather like there right now? I wish everyone else on the forum Buen Camino. Best regards from Wolfinho

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, My name is Wolfinho.
I'm starting my second Way of St. James from Sunday, this time the Camino Inglese from Ferrol after the Camino Portuguesa de la Costa in June. I'm walking alone again, but this time I want to stay in pilgrim hostels instead of in pre-booked guesthouses. If someone from the forum is on the same route at the same time, then I would be happy if we could walk together for a stage now and then. I'm usually more of a control type who books everything in advance, so it's a brave first for me to take the risk of arriving somewhere in the afternoon and not finding a free bed in one place. What are your experiences on the Camino Inglese? Is the path very crowded there in September or do the not exactly small differences in altitude on the path with ascents and descents deter many pilgrims and you end up walking alone most of the time? And what is the weather like there right now? I wish everyone else on the forum Buen Camino. Best regards from Wolfinho
I salute your bravery! I doubt you will be alone. I have walked the Ingles. I know it is possible to walk without booking. If you find you have arrived too late for an albergue bed, someone will help you find one somewhere close by. it is a lovely and short camino pilgrimage. Read recent reports on the Ingles by others who have walked it.
Do let us all know how it works out!

Hi, My name is Wolfinho.

This is my report from my Inglés last week.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.