• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A Thought for those Now on the camino

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Going through the closet of my Camino things and chanced upon the book I always take with me, a most beautiful collection of poetry, the Biblical Book of Psalms. A custom of my faith is to read a number of psalms every day usually 4-5-6. Meaning after a month, you have read them all. So while on the Camino this is something I always do - usually finishing off just as I walk into SdC. My favorite, Camino orientated psalm? #91
"He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence... You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday... For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Buen Camino

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Going through the closet of my Camino things and chanced upon the book I always take with me, a most beautiful collection of poetry, the Biblical Book of Psalms. A custom of my faith is to read a number of psalms every day usually 4-5-6. Meaning after a month, you have read them all. So while on the Camino this is something I always do - usually finishing off just as I walk into SdC. My favorite, Camino orientated psalm? #91
"He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence... You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday... For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Buen Camino
Thank you, Scuffy...so uplifting!

GailGwyn

Camino(s) past & future
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Buen Camino
One of my favourite psalms. Very appropriate for this present time.

Camino(s) past & future
30 March 2017
Buen Camino
Our 'Go to Psalm' as a family. It sustained us when my youngest son endured his second bout of brain surgery in 2016. One year later he and I walked the Camino Frances and I wrote a book on the back of that most profound of experiences "Bedbugs, blisters and brain surgery." That psalm seems so relevant to a time such as this. Thanks for the share and the reminder scruffy1 👍

Anto

Camino(s) past & future
September 2017 SJPDP to Pamplona
Thanks for sharing this . It is indicative for me of the Spiritual nature of the Camino .
Would have been heading off to do another leg of the Camino Frances around this time of year and have to say I'm missing it very much but I will be back God willing.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 200 15.2%
  • May