• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accom Pamplona

BlackHibiscus

Time of past OR future Camino
(2018) May
Hi everyone
Needing accom Pamplona Fri 11-Sun 13 May to recover from travel from Australia.
Any suggestions for mid range accom/location and thoughts on whether Pamplona is noisy over a weekend.
Bus or taxi to StJean Sun 13th with Orisson booked that night. A nice Mother's Day with my husband and 22 year old son who will walk with us as far as Fromista.
Thanks for any input.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just look on Booking.com and you'll have loads to choose from.
I find it's hard to recommend specific places as we all have very different tastes and budgets.
I stayed at the Europa Hotel which was really nice..........except..........
It was a Saturday night and the street below my window was packed with bars.
I eventually got to sleep sometime after midnight I think.........

Yes, lots of options in Pamplona. I enjoyed staying at Hotel Avenida.
http://hotelavenida.com-pamplona.com/
It’s within an easy walk of the bus station for the bus to SJPdP. It’s also reasonably priced, very comfortable and with kind staff on the desk. Plus the breakfasts are great. Provided that is you like Spanish breakfasts which IMO are delicious.
99A2DFD9-A85A-4086-A5FE-388E21DDF3AE.jpeg 06CFD9A7-4721-4698-85E1-56C537252CC5.jpeg F79923E7-C84A-49A0-86B2-67B015025E2E.jpeg B5448D9A-0834-4518-A9B0-A0A8EDEDC2FE.jpeg A5EA433B-85D0-4ADE-AF90-129FC434D1F5.jpeg
Edit: PS it isn’t on a main street so is a bit quieter than some other hotels.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just look on Booking.com and you'll have loads to choose from.
I find it's hard to recommend specific places as we all have very different tastes and budgets.
I stayed at the Europa Hotel which was really nice..........except..........
It was a Saturday night and the street below my window was packed with bars.
I eventually got to sleep sometime after midnight I think.........

I too stayed at the Europa but had a little room at the back which was much quieter. We had a great breakfast there!

I too stayed at the Europa but had a little room at the back which was much quieter. We had a great breakfast there!
Hmm. My room was at the back, overlooking Calle de la Estafeta. Very noisy :(

Well, the Irish girls I had joined up with were pre- booked into rooms at the front = noisy. I decided to book myself into the same hotel and I seem to remember that my room over looked a courtyard so I was lucky.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Screenshot_2018-01-14-06-58-20.jpg We stayed at the Aloha Hostel in Pamplona and loved it. It felt kind of like a cross between an albergue and a hotel. Very reasonably priced, adorable kitchy decor, pretty back patio, very clean, and a great location in the historical area, but quiet. It also has a 9 star rating out of 10! It will help you settle into the "albergue experience", but a notch up. And if you want a 2nd night to explore more, you won't have to move. Found it on booking.com.

Last edited:
I shared a room with a fellow peregrina at Hostal Arriazu.

A great location in a street just off Calle San Nicolas (the street lined with pintxo bars and restaurants), and mere steps from the main central plaza. Up a flight of stairs, it was clean and comfortable, with a large reception lounge, just like a small hotel. Nice ensuite rooms. I can't recall exactly what we paid, but it wasn't more than €20 each.

https://www.hostalarriazu.com/es/home.html Website is in Spanish, but is also to be found on bookingdotcom and tripadvisor.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi BlackHibiscus - I can recommend Hotel Yoldi. It has contemporary decor, all mod cons and is reasonably priced, being a 3 star hotel from memory. It's centrally located but quiet so it's a good spot to get over jet lag. Staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet is excellent - get it included in your room deal as it's very good value.
Buen Camino and cheers from Sydney -
Jenny

We stayed in Aloha Hostel last year in March and I agree with Camino Chris. This is a lovely place. It's quite and off the main street and close to the main bus station and City centre.
Our bags were delayed by the airline and the hosts at Aloha hostel went out of their way to get the bags delivered in time.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hotel Eslava is reasonably priced with a nice breakfast. It is away from all the noise, just a block off the Camino as you leave Pamplona, close to the park and not far from the bus station.

I would def recommend this hotel,very quiet and soooo close to the way.

Thank you very much to everyone for your kindness in replying. So helpful regarding locations, noise factor, etc. Fewer choices for me are best despite the genius of booking.com, respect your recs, rather be training‍♀️

Stayed once in the Pension Sarasate, twice in the Hostal Arriazu. More than satisfactory. Well run and hospitable. Good central locations.... But book ahead - they are not unknown amongst walkers and in May might fill right up.

Pamplona (my favorite place on earth!) can indeed be a party town on a weekend night.... And watch your wallet.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, lots of options in Pamplona. I enjoyed staying at Hotel Avenida.
http://hotelavenida.com-pamplona.com/
It’s within an easy walk of the bus station for the bus to SJPdP. It’s also reasonably priced, very comfortable and with kind staff on the desk. Plus the breakfasts are great. Provided that is you like Spanish breakfasts which IMO are delicious.
View attachment 38753View attachment 38754View attachment 38755View attachment 38756View attachment 38757
Edit: PS it isn’t on a main street so is a bit quieter than some other hotels.

I have never seen a breakfast like this in Spain! But then I've never stayed in a hotel;-)

@HedaP it’s actually really good to learn that tostadas and magdalenas are not necessarily all there is to a Spanish breakfast.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone
Needing accom Pamplona Fri 11-Sun 13 May to recover from travel from Australia.
Any suggestions for mid range accom/location and thoughts on whether Pamplona is noisy over a weekend.
Bus or taxi to StJean Sun 13th with Orisson booked that night. A nice Mother's Day with my husband and 22 year old son who will walk with us as far as Fromista.
Thanks for any input.
Apart from albergues my only experience in Pampona is Hostal Hemingway but it sounds like you want something better so cant help. What I will say is that over the weekend, Spain is noisy. They party from about 10pm to sometimes dawn. Walking out of Estella one Saturday morning about 6:30 I was 'accosted' by a couple of teenagers who wanted to buy a pilgrim a beer at the street party that had been going on all night. I am not the sort of person to disappoint anyone so I joined them for a cerveza grande and then they walked some way with me towards Irache so that I did not get lost :) By the way, there is a place in Viscarreta that will pick you up at the Pamplona bus station, take you to there lovely little Casa Rural where you will stay the night with dinner and breakfast. They then will drive you to St Jean the next morning. I think it is called Corazon Puro run by a young Hungarian couple, Istvan and Barbera. It definitely will not be noisy there

Last edited:
Corazon Puro -- As I understand this place is no longer in operation. To all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Great choice of a location to unwind and some great suggestions above. Don't miss Cafe Iruna in the main square, the Bullring (though the video presentation there will crystallize your opinions), the ancient walls and the Citadel. Lovely city.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hostal Hemingway is in a quiet location, approx 20 mins walk from the bus station, Two minutes from Carlos Tercero, and about ten to the main plaza. I have no idea of its quality, but perhaps tpmcHugh might say something about that. I am sorry i can’t recommend anywhere as i stay with people I know in Pamplona.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back