• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation on the Camino

David Mercer

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I am after some information regarding accommodation on the Camino.

My wife and I are planning to set up a bunkhouse catering for the needs of pilgrims and we need to know a) where one is needed and b) where would be a nice place to live! I would imagine that those of you who have done the Pilgrimage would have a good idea as to the answers to these questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David Mercer

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Nice place to live

My wife and I are planning to set up a bunkhouse catering for the needs of pilgrims and we need to know a) where one is needed and b) where would be a nice place to live!

a) Refugios/Albergues are needed most on the less traveled routes such as Camino Primitivo and Via de la Plata, but if this is to be a paying concern that will not be any use to you.

b) Where would I like to live? Anywhere in the Bierzo valley outside Ponferrada or maybe Navarra or Galicia.

Hi David,

Welcome to the board!

As you may know, I move to Galicia with my wife last year and I love it here.

When it comes to where there is a need for a bunkhouse... I think if you do it well, there will be no problems getting "customers". Of course, closer to Santiago = more pilgrims.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding "Living in Galicia".

Greetings from 14c and cloudy Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Bunkhouse on the camino

What a wonderful thing to do - hope it goes well.
If you were thinking of a pilgrim refuge, I think that there are some rules and regulations to abide by. Check with the Santiago Office before you go to any expense.
Sil

Most read last week in this forum