Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Accommodation Photographs

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Bridget and Peter

Year of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
Ian and Rosie

Very interested in your photos - especially of the albergue in Bruma, as we are hoping to stop there.

It looks as though there are no blankets - did you take sleeping bags? If so, how did you get them AND that kettle into packs that would fit the Ryan air cabin limits - or did you check them in?

I know folks keep telling me that for one night it's better to put on all your clothes and manage with a sheet sleeping bag than carry too much, but I am dubious about my (and Peter's) ability to survive a chilly night!

I have now realised what the black thing in - you see I am more interested in the kettle as cups of tea are more important to me, particularly with a square or two of very dark chocolate.

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
hi Bridget
yes there are blankets at Bruma for some strange reason we were issued with 3 (rosie took 2!!) I'm sure if you asked he would give you more,I did have a lightweight silk sleeping bag and that and the blanket was ok for me.rosie was fully clothed with a wollen hat on and sleeped fine but she didn't shower that night or morning -couldn't face going outside,the ends of her fingers go white if she is cold.
the travelling kettle is small and lightweight takes less than a pint and cost £7.50 and was invaluable, like you I love my tea and Rosie does not function without her coffee.
it took up no space (rosie packed her underwear in it :oops: ) what did take up the space was the flask and we never used it and rosie was searched because of it (metal--the x-ray couldn't see the contents)
I made up a cardboard box with the dimensions of the allowed hand luggage as I'm a bit of a worry-wart-my bag was over rosie's with the kettle was under but we wore lots of clothes. no problem going and even less coming back,didn't see anyone stopped either tho lots were carring more than us. good luck with the walk relax .
the waymarks on the road to bruma and stig have small stones on them I have left things on as well (i got a bit lateral) points can be earned if identified
Ian and Rosie
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com/

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances