• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes

Darby

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
Currently in Ponte de Lima and understand there will be what looks like significant rain tomorrow. Does anyone know of any lodging (no matter the type) between here and Rubiaes? Wondering if I should stay put.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Currently in Ponte de Lima and understand there will be what looks like significant rain tomorrow. Does anyone know of any lodging (no matter the type) between here and Rubiaes? Wondering if I should stay put.

I stayed at Pensao Repouso de Peregrinos which is just the Ponte de Lima side of Rubiaes. I booked through booking.com & paid 30 Euros for room with double bed, private bathroom & breakfast.

This may be further than you want to walk given the forecast (being the wrong side of the big hill with the uneven rocky path north of Ponte de Lima - the toughest hill on the Central Portuguese Camino).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello…..have a look at Quinta Labruja. It’s about 12 kms north of Ponte de Lima before the crossing of the steep ridge. Absolutely superb! Has just two rooms and is owned and managed by a lovely couple. She cooks the most magnificent vegetarian food. Would give you that ‘lift’ before the rain and cut the distance to Rubiaes. Good Luck !

There’s apparently a camping site between Ponte de Lima and Rubaies run by an Italian couple, apparently they make an amazing Italian dinner but I don’t know if the accommodations would be suitable in the rain.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all. I have found a place in Rubiaes. I think this may be a 4 sock change day!
Thats a steep, mini mountain ascent. Even on a dry, fine weather day I found it scary. Maybe because I'm an older pilgrim.

It is pretty hard in the rain. I am on the way up. Glad I have pole!
Good luck…..I went over that ridge in solid rain and mist all day. It was a tough one! At times the path ahead of me was like a stream flowing towards me!IMG_2651.jpeg

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Exactly the same for me today. Even had thunder. Impossible to keep feet dry and everything was wet. Found a lovely place to stay but got chastised by one of the owners because I left a light on and was trying to dry not only the clothes that I had on but things in my pack that got wet. He said it was always Americans that left lights on and wanted to know how much my electricity costs in the United States. Very disappointing. Was not allowed to use the dryer for 15 minutes and was willing to pay 5 euros but was not able to because the owners needed to go to Tui for an appointment during what was scheduled as check in time.

Even with all the rain and steep long walk, I was having what I thought was my best Camino day while I pondered many things. A bit disappointed to then be called out of my room and be chastised in front of another guest and have an owner group all Americans as wasteful. Also got chastised for turning on the heater in the private bathroom and told that was wasteful. No appreciation that I was wet and cold.

Sorry for the rant. Oh and they unilaterally changed the check out time to earlier.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back