• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation query - late night arrival in Santiago

danmoorewd

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
Hi a friend and I are arriving into santiago airport at 23:30 at night to start our camino. I'm looking for a recommendation of somewhere to book to slep for the night. Most of the hostels offer check in until 22:00 or midnight, but I'm not sure we'll make it into the city by midnight and don't want to locked out.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There are 34 hotels in Santiago offering 24 hour check in according to Berking.con or a very similarly named website. Allowing for late flight arrival and the usual airport delays you’ll just have to decide whether you want to spend that much money on a bed for a few hours or just unroll your sleeping bag in Arrivals

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We booked an hotel through Booking.com and advised our late arrival, also booked the taxi Booking.com suggested. Well worth it and it worked.

Hi a friend and I are arriving into santiago airport at 23:30 at night to start our camino. I'm looking for a recommendation of somewhere to book to slep for the night. Most of the hostels offer check in until 22:00 or midnight, but I'm not sure we'll make it into the city by midnight and don't want to locked out.
Try booking Seminario Menor. I think they have a 24 desk. I stayed there last night. Private room €24. I was room.no. 378 (gives you an idea of its size). Also lots of dorm beds - single beds spaced apart. Only a few mins off the Camino/line 6 bus to/from the airport but a step to the bus/train station.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just check timings, how late does that airport bus run?

Try booking Seminario Menor. I think they have a 24 desk. I stayed there last night. Private room €24. I was room.no. 378 (gives you an idea of its size). Also lots of dorm beds - single beds spaced apart. Only a few mins off the Camino/line 6 bus to/from the airport but a step to the bus/train station.
They used to lock the gate at 10 pm, so you might want to ask.

Hotel Concheiras gave us a key code to use when we arrived late back in Santiago from Muxia. Good value hotel for two sharing. Very nice little hotel. Airport Taxi on our arrival was €33 I think between 3 of us.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, I offer this suggestion with hopes it finds you prior to your departure. I often (always) arrive in SdC at 11:30 at night from Barcelona. There's an albergue called Mundoalbergue that has been my home away from home for the past 8 years and they always welcome me late and frazzled from 20+ hours of travel. It's located next to Parque Alameda on San Clemente. They always have someone there to let me in when I arrive in the middle of the night. If no one is working there's a call button at the door and the owner will buzz you in. You'll need to make sure you reserve a bed and let them know of your late arrival time and its always good to call the day before to reconfirm that you will be there and it will be late. Don't trust their website email as the only source of communication as I have sent one or two which were not received. However, this was years ago so it may have changed, but with a call to the albergue, Antonio or Jose will be more than helpful with accommodating for your late arrival. The staff are outstanding. It'll make for a nice entry after along day of travel. Tell them Jennifer said hi....I mean "Jenny".
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...
Hello, What time does the office close in Santiago today? The website lists different times in different places.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.