• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Afraid of top bed without fence

Just an observation, only women have contributed in this thread, is it a feminine thing to not like the top bunk without a fence.. or is it not masculine enough to admit it.. In an ideal world I would become a Spanish citizen and protest to ban this, we protect our children with bicycle helmets and god knows what, but we find ourselves being able to fall a meter and a half to the floor while sleeping?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In one Albergue the Hospitalero's were arbiterally assigning anyone under 30 top bunks. I have no idea how common a practice that is.
We generally didn’t make assignments, but we would sometimes ask younger ones to consider it when older ones arrived.

I don’t think it’s just a female thing. And I don’t think (most) men would think admitting it was a slight on their masculinity! Maybe just the way the comments have gone. I’m male and I don’t like top bunks and without a rail I worry about falling. It plays into my fears of heights too! If it gets too bad I will put the matteess on the floor!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Perception IS reality. And it also is a very legitimate safety issue.

OP's concern/fear is not unreasonable. I can't think of any form of lodgings in good old USA not having railings in upper bunkbed. Yup. There are some things USA do better. Rare but happens.

Most read last week in this forum