• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

After the camino, some thoughts of mine

Peachy

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 July/ august
http://syreeta-hewson.travellerspoint.com/90/

Travelling is more than physical
a journey more than steps

travelling, defined as not staying in one place,...but does this allways mean 'physical' location change?

I was/am thinking about this, this morning, in the sun...the birds wake up..had a carrot juice..now onto the coffee, it's all about balance..ha.

I think travelling is a state of mind as much as anything, being open to the new, even in familiar terrain.

I have met people travelling, but their mind was home, therefore..are they travelling or is their body just moving?

And then there are people who due to illness or injury, or other restrictions, cannot travel,...not 'physically'...and yet they can still experience worlds of terrain, and a broadening of the mind, the soul, the body.

My limitations I am feeling right now, they are brought upon by myself,.and largely it is my body which is feeling effected. My old spinal injury, well...not so so old,...it demands to be kept flexible and limber, both things the camino walk did not allow in truth. I don't know how others have found this, but for me on getting 'home' , my body is in worse wear and tear after just a few weeks of that walk!

I have no regrets, At all....but it's become apparent I must place my healing at the top of my priority list, and that has caused me a slight depression the last few days or more. It's hard to explain to people, ..infact you don't even bother trying, that you are in pain, that it is pretty constant, and that the only thing that will fix it is relaxing the body, the mind, not allowing stress, and being kind to oneself. Time, and gentle movement, stretching, walking is also amazing for the spine,...just not 25 kms a day perhaps in high heat carrying a backpack!

But we were talking'travel' and how it is more than physical...and i fully believe this, to me it is about being open minded,visionary,tapping into your own self as uncharted and new territory, as much as the world around us.

large_9890B0352219AC681741077076EAA100.jpg

Posted by syreeta hewson 12:54 Edit Entry

Previous Table of contents

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes soo true .... I especially liked this last thing you said ....""tapping into your own self as uncharted and new territory""... I think this is a great key we need to use to unlock our inner true self..... not such an easy thing to do ... but looking at oursleves as always new territory..... because there is always something new to unlock/ discover...

Thanks for the post Peachy X

Annie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
One way we have broadened our world whilst staying in New Zealand this year is to give loans on Kiva. We are trying to give one to someone in every country represented (60+). Each time we choose a country we read up about it and learn lots. We have travelled without taking any literal steps!
Check out www.kiva.org

By the way, the very act of giving expands your horizons.

Yes soo true .... I especially liked this last thing you said ....""tapping into your own self as uncharted and new territory""... I think this is a great key we need to use to unlock our inner true self..... not such an easy thing to do ... but looking at oursleves as always new territory..... because there is always something new to unlock/ discover...

Thanks for the post Peachy X

Annie
thanks Annie:)

One way we have broadened our world whilst staying in New Zealand this year is to give loans on Kiva. We are trying to give one to someone in every country represented (60+). Each time we choose a country we read up about it and learn lots. We have travelled without taking any literal steps!
Check out www.kiva.org

By the way, the very act of giving expands your horizons.
I absolutely agree, to give is definately to recieve,..especially if it comes from a place of no expectation in return, but solely from the joy of giving.

sounds awesome!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back