• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in El Toboso?

peregrina2000

Staff member
My guide says there is no albergue in El Toboso, and it lists a couple of hostales. My notes say that there is an albergue in a convent there, did I read the notes right, Kevin or anyone else?

Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Laurie,
I was there in July 2011 and slept - for luxury & exhaustion reasons :) - in a good hotel near the roadside, where they prepared me a wonderful meal with loads of vegetables. But: there is supposed to be a youth hostel (El Quijote) as well, and according to this website there is also accommodation for peregrinos in a polideportivo: http://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegri ... evante.asp
I didn't know about a convent, but according to the mundicamino website there is a 'Convento de las Trinitarias' wiht a telephonenumber as well. http://www.mundicamino.com/ruta.cfm?p=A ... =Albergues
ria

The Trinitarians have a room in the convent for pilgrims. They keep enclosure, so you're in a different bit from the sisters and eat on your own with the food coming through a grill.

Go and see the Clarisses while you're there - they love pilgrims,

Andy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yepp I can confirm with Andy that there is a convent in El Toboso. You get your own (bit cell like) room with a beautiful crucifix over the bed. They also have hand-embroidered counterpanes! I think there was a 10 euro donation. The standard was very high with your own bathroom. You are given a key to the street door which is a bit formidable being a sort of Alcatraz affair with iron grilles etc. The telephone number is as mentioned in the guide book and you have to walk through the centre of El Toboso and about three minutes down a slight hill to get to a square where the Convent is. Anyone will tell you. They open at 1500, I think. I ate at the roadhouse down at the Carreterra, which also offered accommodation - hostal style.
Getting closer now Laurie, haha.

Buen Camino!!

Kev
PS: Los Amigos del Ruta de la Lana en Cuenca sent me a marvellous CD with maps and guide for the whole route!! They are also out on many weekends por a hacer la señalizacion! Esplendido!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.