• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Toro

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Does anyone have up-to-date information on accommodation in Toro. My notes from 2020 say the sisters had closed down. Has anything changed?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Valencia amigos have a great website with route and accommodation info. They don’t list anything about the albergue. And the Pensión Zamora has also closed, so that puts a squeeze on the budget.

I would contact the association through their webpage, or message Jean Luis (@JLWV) through the forum. Are you going to walk the Levante?

I notice on the amigos website that there are a few accommodations listed but they don’t quote indicative prices like Gronze. (Gronze doesn’t cover accommodations on this route from what I have found previously ).
in may 2022 I stayed in Hotel Alda Ciudad de Toro which was the lowest price accomodation listed at that time on booking .com. It was reasonably priced for a nice private room and central.

I stayed the previous night in Castronuño (so about 21klms from there ). In castro I stayed in the municipal albergue which was great, spacious, and clean. So I figured the costs overall balance out. Btw Castronuño itself is a lovely spot with river winding around etc.

Approaching , you will see Toro from a long way off. Once across the river and the awesome bridge you will be wishing you could locate a taxi (or helicopter 🚁) if you’ve walked a long day. 🤣. It’s quite an uphill climb to the city above approaching when you’re tired. / but leaving Toro you’ll see the great photo ops - and then a more gentle departure on the road tho.

Good luck with the accommodation hunt.
Let us know what you find please ?

Buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Habitaciones Albero 41 euros
hotel pirata54 euros
Hospedium Hotel Juan II57 euros
Hotel Alda Ciudad de Toro 85 euros
Palacio Rejadorada usually 92 euros, but special for 67

Am I going to walk the Levante? I hope to in 2026 (which is the next year when the days and dates line up to be the same as in 2020 (I made a journal for that walk but COVID put paid to that and would like to use the journal without changing all the dates!) Hoping to do another one before then though. Next year maybe.

in may 2022 I stayed in Hotel Alda Ciudad de Toro which was the lowest price accomodation listed at that time on booking .com.
Just checked the price I was charged - was 35euros. Per single room
I know there have been increases but wondering if we are comparing apples to oranges ? Was the price above for 2 ? Or a special day ?

I’m okay & understand about cost increases / the hotel in Ávila was quite a hike from 2019 . However I just checked on my booking app (Toro) (hotel Alda) for a mid week / mid May (current prices) and there was little increase from my 2022 price. Maybe 3-4euros.

I hope you find something more reasonable by 2026. There may be an albergue by then 🙏

Last edited:
Just checked the price I was charged - was 35euros. Per single room

I know there have been increases but wondering if we are comparing apples to oranges ? Was the price above for 2 ? Or a special day ?

I’m okay & understand about cost increases / the hotel in Ávila was quite a hike from 2019 . However I just checked on my booking app (Toro) (hotel Alda) for a mid week / mid May (current prices) and there was little increase from my 2022 price. Maybe 3-4euros.

I hope you find something more reasonable by 2026. There may be an albergue by then 🙏
I picked a random day in mid May and entered one person seeing as I hope to be solo. Sounds like we are comparing apples and apples. I also picked a different date and got the same prices.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone! I would like to ask if there was any update about where to sleep in Toro. If I understood well there s no albergue de peregrinos there, correct? :) Thanks you in advance

No albergue, but lots of private places. The go-to place in years past was the Pensión Zamora, but it has closed. The Association Guide lists four or five private places, so lodging won’t be hard to find. But it will be more expensive than an albergue. I think an afternoon in Toro is well worth it, its colegiata has a beautiful Romanesque pórtico. And the main drag has lots of local wine producers, bars, cafés, etc. Nice places to sit outside and enjoy.

I was there in the Summer of 2022, and was told that whilst there's a long-standing project for a new Albergue, it's been stuck in bureaucracy and red tape for years.

It's rather touristy, so that as @peregrina2000 suggests, also pricier than the normal sort of private accommodation on a Camino.

I ended up sleeping outdoors somewhere dark enough. That did mean staying up until the tourists went home, but dawn in the morning was superb !!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The guide lists two places that do not participate in booking, but unfortunately one seems to be closed. I can’t find the Hostal Castilla, but maybe someone else will. Since they are hostales, they will likely be cheaper than a standard hotel.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.