A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Albergue in St. Jean, Pied de Port?

Camino(s) past & future
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
Hi, I'm about to start out my Camino walk and I want to spend my first night in a albergue in St. Jean, Pied de Port, any information/recommandations would be much appreciated also another question is what should I be prepared to pay for albergues on Camino Frances on average? Thanks in advance for your information.

Felipe

Veteran Member
I liked very much the "Accueil Paroissial Kaserna", 43, Rue d’Espagne (this is crossing the old bridge).
It is a parochial auberge, managed by volonteers, warm welcome. Diner and "petit dejeuner" included, good for meeting other walkers and make some friend for next, long day.
Other pilgrims had good opinions of "Refuge Municipal", 55, Rue de la Citadelle (this is the public one, managed by a Pilgrim's association).
See a list here

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
also another question is what should I be prepared to pay for albergues on Camino Frances on average? Thanks in advance for your information.
A few years ago, prices of albergues varied between 5 euros and 12 euros... The Kaserna was donativo and a donation of 20 euros was suggested (10 for the bed and 10 for dinner and breakfast). I followed that advice for the other 'donativos' on the way, like Grañon and Rabanal for instance.
That was in 2012 though... Orisson was then 32 euros (inc. meal and breakfast ) and is now 35 euros.
You may get more up-to-date info.
Buen camino :)

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May/June 2016
Camino Frances April/May 2014
I stayed at the Beilari in 2014 and loved it! I'm staying there again in 2 weeks =)
I'm sure most albergues in SJPP are fine/great, though.

Ulla

Mazzy

Camino(s) past & future
(2019)
Hi, I'm about to start out my Camino walk and I want to spend my first night in a albergue in St. Jean, Pied de Port, any information/recommandations would be much appreciated also another question is what should I be prepared to pay for albergues on Camino Frances on average? Thanks in advance for your information.
I have emailed them a few times over the past 3 or 4 weeks and just heard back this morning. He said he would send me a paypal link for confirmation and booking but I haven't seen it yet, and no link in the body of the email either. I guess in this age of instant gratification we kind of expect an answer yesterday but it doesn't work like that on the Camino apparently! All in good time eh? :)

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%