• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues in Extremadura -- OPEN AGAIN????

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have called you by phone at Fuente de Cantos shelter and they said that is open from 15, I guess others also will be open
A hug and a good way

Thanks Laurie,
I was going to book hotels this week for the beginning of April. Now I'll wait a little longer and see how things pan out.

Andrew.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hurrah! I had planned to boook in Zafra at least, because of Semana Santa, but now I wait too. Bjørg

I leave home a week today and start walking on the 8th. I was hoping that someone on the VdlP at the moment might have posted because I'm about to cancel my hotel booking in Zafra :?
I will post on what I find. I am only walking Seville to Cacares and will be back home by 24th March so if I can't find computers on the way I will post when I get home, that should be in time for anyone walking in April. Temperatures around Seville and Extremadura are about 21 deg. C :!: I think I'm heading for another warm walk.
Sue

Thank you Sulu! I too have been hoping someone will post on their present Camino, I know there are a couple of pilgrims on the VdP right now. I leave home March 26th and hope to start walking the the 29th.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is what is now said on Eroski Consumer:

Fuente de Cantos: "Disponibilidad del albergue: En 2012 está abierto desde mediados de febrero hasta el 15 de diciembre"

Puebla de Sancho Perez: "Disponibilidad del albergue: En 2012 está abierto desde mediados de febrero hasta el 15 de diciembre"

Zafra: Disponibilidad del albergue: "En 2012 está abierto desde mediados de febrero"

The Amazara-albergue is not there, but for the walking between Zafra and Almendralejo, this is said: "Pasaremos junto al desvío hacia una antigua almazara (Km 12,2). ATENCIÓN, de momento en 2012 el ALBERGUE se encuentra CERRADO."

This information seems quite updated.

Bjorg

Thanks bjorgts, yes I'd read that. that's why I'll cancel my hotel in Zafra. I'd just feel happier if I heard from someone who is walking at the moment. :)

Hi Alipilgrim,
I leave home March 26th and hope to start walking the the 29th.
Do you, or does anyone, know the time gap between US and Europe. I think you are behind us!
I will be home on the evening of 24th, but, after a full day of travelling, I may not feel like doing an indepth post. I promise to do one on the Saturday morning but if I thought that you were ahead of us, and not behind, I would make an effort :)
Sue

know the time gap between US and Europe
With four time zones in the U.S., there is not a single answer to that. The east coast is 6 hours behind Europe.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
With four time zones in the U.S., there is not a single answer to that. The east coast is 6 hours behind Europe.
Thanks Falcon,
Just shows what I know :) At least Europe is ahead though :)

Thank you Sue! I am flying out from Los Angles so I'm way way behind but I'll be traveling with my iPhone and so hope to check the forum and my email via wi-fi quite frequently. I'll be blogging again (as I did on last May when I walked the Madrid route) http://www.allisonswanderlust.blogspot.com and I'll try to add some walking notes for pilgrims coming behind me but it's mostly a diary for me and to let my mum know I'm still okay! :roll:

Allison

Yes! I am in Fuente de Cantos at the moment and am stayinga the albergue. I have been told the other albergues turisticos of extremadura are all open at this time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back