• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Amsterdam to Bergen Op Zoom - Floris V / Law 1-3 path / GR 12

ziggy007

Hello Everyone!!

I was wondering if anyone has walked the Floris V, also known as the Law 1-3, path from Amsterdam to Bergen Op Zoom, and if they could provide a bit of information, especially on accommodations and overall cost.

I have walked the entire CF and part of the Le Puy Route before, so I am wanting to expand my horizons a bit. I have considered other routes, but I have ruled some out because of certain aspects, such as road walking on the Portguese route, etc.

I found a great website with info (wandelnet.com), but was looking for other people's experiences and logistics. I am also open to other recommendations for routes in the Netherlands, but would like to stay around the 2 week mark. I plan to do the Coast 2 Coast in UK right after a Netherlands route.

Thank you all very much!!

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Ziggy,
I walked this very route back in 2009, all the way to Brussels.
Very well marked and very helpful guide.
Lovely, quiet, easy country side.
Very kind and gentle people.
Everyone speaks Inglish.
Accommodations were in B&B's, small hotels and walkers' huts (Camping Grounds). Easy to acquire.
As for cost, from a Canadian point of view, The Netherlands is expensive.
I recommend it.
Enjoy.
Jean-Marc
http://www.walkingontheweb.co.uk/index.php/walking-in-western-europe/walkingnetherlands

Hi Ziggy,
I walked this very route back in 2009, all the way to Brussels.
Very well marked and very helpful guide.
Lovely, quiet, easy country side.
Very kind and gentle people.
Everyone speaks Inglish.
Accommodations were in B&B's, small hotels and walkers' huts (Camping Grounds). Easy to acquire.
As for cost, from a Canadian point of view, The Netherlands is expensive.
I recommend it.
Enjoy.
Jean-Marc
http://www.walkingontheweb.co.uk/index.php/walking-in-western-europe/walkingnetherlands

Thank you Jean-Marc!

Did you find it necessary to book rooms in advance, or is it like the CF where you can just arrive in town and find a spot? I plan to go in mid-July.

Also, did you find many other hikers along the way?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Ziggy,

If you are on a budget be aware that B&B's in the Netherlands are expensive.
I'd recommend that you join "Vrienden op de Fiets" ~ for friends on a bike AND hikers.
"Vrienden op de Fiets" are families who open their homes to hikers and bikers.
Price for 1 night with breakfast is € 19,- plus local taxes, these vary between 0,50 cents and €2,-
Website in English:

http://www.vriendenopdefiets.nl/en/for-lodging-addresses/

You can register on-line.

Hello Ziggy,

If you are on a budget be aware that B&B's in the Netherlands are expensive.
I'd recommend that you join "Vrienden op de Fiets" ~ for friends on a bike AND hikers.
"Vrienden op de Fiets" are families who open their homes to hikers and bikers.
Price for 1 night with breakfast is € 19,- plus local taxes, these vary between 0,50 cents and €2,-
Website in English:

http://www.vriendenopdefiets.nl/en/for-lodging-addresses/

You can register on-line.
WOW! Thank you MinaKamina!! That lodging site is invaluable! I was willing to pay higher prices for accomodation, but obviously not excited about it. This definitely helps with my budget concerns. Thank you!!!!

...I found a great website with info (wandelnet.com), but was looking for other people's experiences and logistics...

Hello, @ziggyoo7. In 2014 I walked from Lille to Amsterdam following canals and roads and parts of a Jacobsweg. I walked without a GPS or phone asking for directions each day along the way until in Breda somebody helped me find the Jacobsweg. I did the same with accommodation...

Here's a link to simple resources I found along the way:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/lille-to-amsterdam.27701/

Cheers
Lovingkindness

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks to the Forum I learn about routes here at home☺.

The only LAW (Long Distance Walk) I have done is part 1 of the Pelgrimspad (Amsterdam to Den Bosch) and parts of the most known walk in The Netherlands the Pieterpad (Groningen to Maastricht). Only walked on Sundays and a few long week-ends since I find accommodation too expensive.

I used Vrienden op de Fiets too - only €8 to join and you receive a map and book with addresses. The €19 includes breakfast. Room is in someone's house.

Hello, @ziggyoo7. In 2014 I walked from Lille to Amsterdam following canals and roads and parts of a Jacobsweg. I walked without a GPS or phone asking for directions each day along the way until in Breda somebody helped me find the Jacobsweg. I did the same with accommodation...

Here's a link to simple resources I found along the way:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/lille-to-amsterdam.27701/

Cheers
Lovingkindness
Thank you Lovingkindness!

Thanks to the Forum I learn about routes here at home☺.

The only LAW (Long Distance Walk) I have done is part 1 of the Pelgrimspad (Amsterdam to Den Bosch) and parts of the most known walk in The Netherlands the Pieterpad (Groningen to Maastricht). Only walked on Sundays and a few long week-ends since I find accommodation too expensive.

I used Vrienden op de Fiets too - only €8 to join and you receive a map and book with addresses. The €19 includes breakfast. Room is in someone's house.
Thank you LTFit! Did you find many other hikers/walkers on the Pelgrimspad or Pieterpad?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There were few if any on the Pelgrimspad but the route crosses many other walking routes so you will see people now and then. In The Netherlands you are never far from a road, a bike path or a town. It is sometimes hard to find an open café on Sundays.

The Pieterpad is much more popular so the chance that you see someone is greater but they are usually day hikers or maybe those walking on the week-end.

hello Ziggy.

Although I'm Dutch, I have not done too much long distance walking in the Netherlands yet. As said by others, accomodation may
be expensive, but vrienden op the fiets is an excellent alternative.

Just to give you some more options. You may want to consider start walking in St Jacobi Parochie in Friesland, which is in the north of the country. It is the starting point of the pilgrim road (Jacob = Jacobus = Dutch for St James) to Santiago, the village and church being founded in 1500 and named after St James.
And yes, there is even a signpost to Santiago in the village. Dont know if you can read Dutch, but this is the website: http://www.jabikspaad.nl/

Marc

hello Ziggy.

Although I'm Dutch, I have not done too much long distance walking in the Netherlands yet. As said by others, accomodation may
be expensive, but vrienden op the fiets is an excellent alternative.

Just to give you some more options. You may want to consider start walking in St Jacobi Parochie in Friesland, which is in the north of the country. It is the starting point of the pilgrim road (Jacob = Jacobus = Dutch for St James) to Santiago, the village and church being founded in 1500 and named after St James.
And yes, there is even a signpost to Santiago in the village. Dont know if you can read Dutch, but this is the website: http://www.jabikspaad.nl/

Marc
Thank you Marc!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back