• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ancient Camino route across the high Pyrenees (Not Over Somport)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you caminka. I was in this area (Hecho) while following the GR 11 and thought I might like to return soon.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you caminka. I was in this area (Hecho) while following the GR 11 and thought I might like to return soon.
I've been eying it for some time and it's definitely on my ever-growing list of caminos-to-walk.

Samoht (Thomas?), a couple of years ago I found the marker at the border cut-through at Puerto del Paulo while on the HRP/GR11- you probably saw the same one. https://flic.kr/p/Mw6h4e There didn't appear to be much sign of life in the valley to which the path descended, so I look forward to following this thread as it adds enlightenment..
Cheers, tom

I would like to walk this route if anyone would like to join me, let me know. I am available to travel 365. I have been to Spain to walk every summer for the past five years and intend to go again in 2019.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I want to complete my walk of the Aragonese this year. I want to walk from Jaca to Puente la Reina. I will need baggage transfers. I am slow. I do not think I can walk with you as you look so strong and fast of foot.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I want to complete my walk of the Aragonese this year. I want to walk from Jaca to Puente la Reina. I will need baggage transfers. I am slow. I do not think I can walk with you as you look so strong and fast of foot.
Maybe somewhat strong and fast of foot, but not so much as I am 79 years old

It does not seem that you are very slow of foot!

I don’t think you will find any luggage transfers on this route and the villages are small so I don’t think there will be any taxis.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
To warm the side topic up:
Taxis are available in several villages and they will also drive to the next place, since e.g. 20km is not too much for a car. It's not like on the CF, where taxis are passing by all the time on the trail, but you can still ask in any bar you see.
I saw their bases in Jaca, Artieda and Sangüesa. I think they'll have much more part-time taxi drivers, that are less obvious. Santa Cilia used to call a taxi for pilgrims who wanted to see San Juan de la Pena. I saw one in Arres and Monreal once. The only place I really doubt they have a taxi in "town" is Ruesta.
Organising luggage transport seems difficult though.

Even some bus will pass by.
The leg Jaca-Santa Cilia-Puente de la Reina de Jaca is near the Jaca bus route to Pamplona (few times a day).
As the motorway the bus continues on the northern side of the Yesa reservoir.
Sangüesa-Isko-Monreal-Pamplona is another company (several times a day)
Tiebas, Obanos, Puente de la Reina is connected to Pamplona by bus, but not on a route following the camino.
You may see a taxi or coach at Eunate waiting for their guests, but with a very small chance that they pick you up. Ask some tourists instead.

Most read last week in this forum