• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another stone for the Cruz de Ferro

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Great Men rise.

They fall the greater...

for having cast a certain light over us and warming a chilly life.
The sorrow will be deep and that ocean wide
But time..and tide abide us all
With patient waves..the ticking clock
The edges will be worn
And sorrow be released
And mended what was torn
The Sunlit path o'er peacefull sea
Will light the path to send us home.
The wind won't err
And the tiller light
We'll travel surely into nite
Until reborn we are
Upon first light.

I will carry a sorrowful stone..
But I will leave it there and unburden a heavy soul.That will be two Stones i will carry from here
To there

And...mayhap an Angel shall come down and gather...

Hope and Prayer...

Loss...
and dig down many layers to find and carry up all the intentions

Bending knees and looking up
Raising wings
And with one push
Carry all the Centurys intentions.

Pilgrim before that Cross
Leave your sorrow,worry and loss
Maybe somewhere along the Way?

You will feel the burden drop away
The worlds between the Pilgrims
Past,and those who pass
Is thinnest as the finest glass
Look deep and find your true self no longer looking behind

Be Hope-Full Pilgrim on the Way

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
In some loaded is the cross
that can weight down ur course...
Privilege of those take patiently their cross
mysteriously they got across...
>>>>
its not the way i want today...
Faithfully this is needful next day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I hate to be a wet blanket, and the poetry is wonderful. I found out that they regularly bulldoze the stuff around the Cruz de Ferro. I mention this because I left a crystal for my deceased mother there. If I had known that, I would have rather left it somewhere that either could be found by a peregrino that it spoke to, or dangling in a tree or on a marker. I would only leave stones there now, but when I was there, there was tons of heartfelt memorabilia, pictures and objects. Just sayin'....

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I hate to be a wet blanket, and the poetry is wonderful. I found out that they regularly bulldoze the stuff around the Cruz de Ferro. I mention this because I left a crystal for my deceased mother there. If I had known that, I would have rather left it somewhere that either could be found by a peregrino that it spoke to, or dangling in a tree or on a marker. I would only leave stones there now, but when I was there, there was tons of heartfelt memorabilia, pictures and objects. Just sayin'....
I knew that when I walked up through the mist to the iron cross. I had two small stones, one from my sister’s grave and the other from my grandmother’s. I fully expected to place the stones, say a little prayer, and move on. It wasn’t like that at all. Perhaps it was the mist or because it was early in the morning or because the cross appeared so unexpectedly close to where we had stayed the night before (I think that was when I realised for the first time that I COULD walk hills) or because I am a sucker for camino tradition ancient or modern? Whatever, it was a special time and the second time round I was expecting it to be have a look and walk on because been there done that and that didn’t happen either. I know it is a modern concept but it is like a much loved church or meeting house. It is the prayers and thoughts of those who have been before that make it a holy site.

What I leave behind
I will have left behind.

Having ascribed a value upon an object
The effort involved to delivery after 5,215 miles and so many days,hour ...seconds
The effort would be the value

A stone is a stone
What sentiment I have romantically linked to an idea...is the true burden
The stone within my heart is also a anchor round my neck
Is also dogging my steps

That burden
Those burdens i will burn off in the heat of penance...

That is what i will leave behind on the Way

My burdens.
I will burn them off in the effort
The tangible stone
The intangible geiss that makes up a human simply being.

I didnt know they regularly cleared away so brusquely
Sweeping away all the stones so that others may see
Is the Way then paved with the stones..laying an aeons deep foundation

All those years,ideas,hopes,dreams,shattered souls and sundry other reasons for leaving a burden behind
A tangible hill...

I probably wont be able to climb up

But it is there
I know its there even in the,deepness of suffering.

My simple stone..a artifact of flint i found in some journey that dad and mom had held in turn before passing beyond my reach..will be put in turn on that heap of human depair,that wreckage a tangible sign that there is hope.

That intangible idea that i may be able to unburden myself and walk on a free man
If only for a while until the venom of doubt sets fang deep.

Hope
That may be the truth of it
Maybe I will find out?

Whether i will find out or not...
I will less worry even how stormy...
I will make it as incredible journey with my own way...
Others comment/s freely...
It may even annoy me, but one thing absolutely
its me who will walk the way...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back