• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Answering the call in just a few weeks!

harping

I first thought about walking the camino when I read the book by Paolo Coelho over ten years ago. Since then I have thought about it seriously for the past 6 years, even going to a pilgrim meet up in 2006, buying boots in 2010, reading more books and buying the CSJ guides. To actually take the time out of working and use my savings for it was a huge leap for me. Then buying the tickets was another huge leap. In fact, I am very interested by my anxieties about practical things and about my own ability to keep going, having not really expected that to be honest. I have a tendency to be very controlled, very organised but have learnt to step back a bit, mainly through working as a musician in Italy a lot!!! So I thought I'd be able to find that relaxed attitude for the camino too. I am finding it a little trickier but I see it as a good exercise to have trust in myself.
So, I am setting off along the Via Podensis from Aire-Sur-L'Adour on 9th March. I have already reserved some accommodation. I've been doing some training walks and now need to build a little more stamina with my pack, but taking it gently.
My reasons for walking are mainly spiritual, questioning and seeking. The real need to walk arrived because I've had a couple of very difficult years, hence doing the questioning and seeking. The solitude appeals but I also want to work and be aware of the community of pilgrims and their diverse reasons and needs.
I am looking forward to the challenge and hope that my journey will be the end in itself, the destination.....
thank you to all of you who have posted useful and reassuring tips here about all sorts of practical things. your advice is well received.
'may the road rise to greet you' all

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
JohnnieWalker, I just realised that I didn't say thank you for your kind words! It will take a while, but I sincerely hope to get there......

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.