Answering the call in just a few weeks!

harping

Dec 27, 2011
I first thought about walking the camino when I read the book by Paolo Coelho over ten years ago. Since then I have thought about it seriously for the past 6 years, even going to a pilgrim meet up in 2006, buying boots in 2010, reading more books and buying the CSJ guides. To actually take the time out of working and use my savings for it was a huge leap for me. Then buying the tickets was another huge leap. In fact, I am very interested by my anxieties about practical things and about my own ability to keep going, having not really expected that to be honest. I have a tendency to be very controlled, very organised but have learnt to step back a bit, mainly through working as a musician in Italy a lot!!! So I thought I'd be able to find that relaxed attitude for the camino too. I am finding it a little trickier but I see it as a good exercise to have trust in myself.
So, I am setting off along the Via Podensis from Aire-Sur-L'Adour on 9th March. I have already reserved some accommodation. I've been doing some training walks and now need to build a little more stamina with my pack, but taking it gently.
My reasons for walking are mainly spiritual, questioning and seeking. The real need to walk arrived because I've had a couple of very difficult years, hence doing the questioning and seeking. The solitude appeals but I also want to work and be aware of the community of pilgrims and their diverse reasons and needs.
I am looking forward to the challenge and hope that my journey will be the end in itself, the destination.....
thank you to all of you who have posted useful and reassuring tips here about all sorts of practical things. your advice is well received.
'may the road rise to greet you' all

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.