• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting Portuguese route Oct 3 or 4, 2021.

Marla in CA

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning on leaving LAX on October 2, landing Madrid Oct. 3. but haven't booked flight yet. Would like to start Portuguese on Oct 4, although I do not know my starting point yet, somewhere between Lisbon and Porto. Anyone else arriving Madrid during that time?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am planning on leaving LAX on October 2, landing Madrid Oct. 3. but haven't booked flight yet. Would like to start Portuguese on Oct 4, although I do not know my starting point yet, somewhere between Lisbon and Porto. Anyone else arriving Madrid during that time?
I'll be starting from Porto, probably on the 10th, so our paths may cross. Be good to say hi. Buen camino.

No, but we will be walking from Porto starting around October 10th or so. If you see two fellow Californian pilgrims (it’s on our packs!), say hello 👍

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I’m starting oct 9th from Lisbon. Wont you be a bit jet lagged flying from LAX? Do you think you’ll be able to start next day of arrival?

No, but we will be walking from Porto starting around October 10th or so. If you see two fellow Californian pilgrims (it’s on our packs!), say hello 👍
Where are you from in CA? Depending on my stops, I might just see you on the way.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’m starting oct 9th from Lisbon. Wont you be a bit jet lagged flying from LAX? Do you think you’ll be able to start next day of arrival?
You are right Colette. I haven't thought much through yet. I have not even purchased my tickets yet, so it is "around Oct 4" that I will be starting. Just curious, are you planning on starting in Lisbon and walking all the way through to Santiago? Based on my very limited research, seems that many say to visit Lisbon and Coimbra, but then take a train or bus to further along like POrto or Tui. I just don't know yet.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.