• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 13 Lisbon Jordi Savall concert

• Thread starter Deleted member 36903
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36903

Before starting walking the CF - the first time I walked the Camino in 2015 - I detoured from Paris to hear Jordi Savall play in Dijon. In 2016 on my way to the CP I travelled via Barcelona for the same reason. Now I realise that not all of you will share my appreciation of the music and projects of the Catalan viol da gambist, Jordi Savall, but if any pilgrim loves music and has a night to spare prior to (or after) walking the CP, I envy you the opportunity to attend this concert 'The Routes of Slavery' at the Fundacao Calouste Gulbenkian. He has directed other thematic concerts, Granada and Jerusalem being especially of interest to pilgrims, being musical journeys of the influences of Judaism, Islam and Christianity. This one focuses on the tragic journey of enslavement and forced migration but will manage to find joy among the sadness by celebrating the many musical traditions of the world, bringing together musicians from Africa and Mexico, with La Capella de Catalunya and Hesperion XXI. Go if you are able if tickets are still available, you won't forget it,I wish I could be there and starting the Camino the following day. Bom Caminho!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I wish I could have seen the whole family together.

Me too Philip 347. I only learned of the sublime Montserratt Figueres (and her husband Jordi Savall) after her death. This track 'Cantigo de Amigo V: Qunatas Sabades Amor, with all four members of the family is my favourite.

The images are photographs around Vigo and its coastline as the song is Galician in origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too Philip 347. I only learned of the sublime Montserratt Figueres (and her husband Jordi Savall) after her death. This track 'Cantigo de Amigo V: Qunatas Sabades Amor, with all four members of the family is my favourite.

A gem, and in Galician-Portuguese, isn't it? I would also recommend searching for songs interpreted by Paulina Ceremuzynska.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So good to find people who share the love of his music. I also love that album especially 'El pan de la afficion'. See the Alia Vox website for other concerts - several this year are near camino routes including at Oviedo and Lugo. Not listed on the website is the several days of concerts at Abbaye de Fontfroide near Narbonne in July.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I love Jordi Savall--everything I have ever heard just sends me!!
I am sorry to miss this. I have much Montserratt Figueres and Jordi Savall music to listen to when I walk the camino.
It was the most magical music to listen to when I walked the Frances in 2012. I can't tell you how many times I listened to the pilgrim song Stella Splendens as I trudged up steep grades. It helped me put one foot in front of the other.

Stella Splendens is a wonderful, uplifting song - just the thing for steep hills as you say @ouroboros! I never tire of listening to it. here's a link to the youtube video, no pictures of Jordi Savall, Montserratt Figueres and La Capella Reial de Catalunya but a superb recording. Thank you for reminding me of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back