• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 2023

AMV

Time of past OR future Camino
April 1, 2023
My husband and I have booked our flight!!!! ~. We arrive in Paris on April 12th. Accommodations made for St.Jean Pied-de-Port and waiting for mid December to book Orisson.
We have our Shoes [Altra - Olympus 4, would be perfect, but heel is too wide - ugh, Altra - Timp (he loves them) and Backpacks and they are being used on our weekly training treks. Our first steps have begun and we anxiously wait for April 16th as we lace up our shoes and adjust our backpacks for the real thing.
Feeling - Excited, Nervous, Worried.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Easter Sunday is the 9th, plan accordingly because lots of Europeans take advantage of the holiday weekend for extended vacations and lots of school holidays fall around the same time. Fortunately, France coordinates the school holidays by various regions so all of the holidays don’t fall on the same week.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My husband and I have booked our flight!!!! ~. We arrive in Paris on April 12th. Accommodations made for St.Jean Pied-de-Port and waiting for mid December to book Orisson.
We have our Shoes [Altra - Olympus 4, would be perfect, but heel is too wide - ugh, Altra - Timp (he loves them) and Backpacks and they are being used on our weekly training treks. Our first steps have begun and we anxiously wait for April 16th as we lace up our shoes and adjust our backpacks for the real thing.
No need to feel Nervous or Worried you two are going to have a lovely time ..and when you finish you wish it never , to be on the path for 5-6 weeks and meeting up with so many lovely ppl is a magical experience in itself .. my time on the Frances came to an end at the beginning of May and although I am planning my next one I would go back on the Frances again ..buen camino

My husband and I will be starting in April 2023 also. I have not booked anything yet but I am looking for airline tickets and our training has begun! I hope to see you on the trail. Buen Camino! Tammy

Hello, my husband and I are also starting the Camino Frances on 16 April 2023. We are from Australia. We look forward to meeting you.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Warm greetings,
So excited and happy for you! The Camino was a life-changing experience for me and I’m so very grateful for what it brought in and through my life. I believe that you will find unexpected grace around many corners on your journey! And I agree that you’re wise to book at Orisson, if possible. Last December I was training for an April 2022 start on my first Camino Frances so I can relate a bit. Staying at Orisson was wonderful and doing the first stage to Roncevalles in two days helped me to make a good start, especially as I’m older and slow 🙂!

The right boots are such a personal thing as we all have different feet - I did train in and begin the Camino in Altras, (Lone Peaks). They were very comfortable and great for the trails where I live. However, for me, the Altras were too thin for the rocky trails of the Camino and my feet needed heavier boots. I had to replace them with heavier boots at a shop along the way and it went much better on my feet after that. Just my experience but I wish I’d had someone tell me ahead of time how rocky much of the Camino is, so I am mentioning it to you, for whatever it’s worth.
I still love my Altras, just not for rocky trails.

Anyway, God bless you and Buon Camino!

Warm greetings,
So excited and happy for you! The Camino was a life-changing experience for me and I’m so very grateful for what it brought in and through my life. I believe that you will find unexpected grace around many corners on your journey! And I agree that you’re wise to book at Orisson, if possible. Last December I was training for an April 2022 start on my first Camino Frances so I can relate a bit. Staying at Orisson was wonderful and doing the first stage to Roncevalles in two days helped me to make a good start, especially as I’m older and slow 🙂!

The right boots are such a personal thing as we all have different feet - I did train in and begin the Camino in Altras, (Lone Peaks). They were very comfortable and great for the trails where I live. However, for me, the Altras were too thin for the rocky trails of the Camino and my feet needed heavier boots. I had to replace them with heavier boots at a shop along the way and it went much better on my feet after that. Just my experience but I wish I’d had someone tell me ahead of time how rocky much of the Camino is, so I am mentioning it to you, for whatever it’s worth.
I still love my Altras, just not for rocky trails.

Anyway, God bless you and Buon Camino!
Thank you for the information on the Altras - Did you book Orisson in December prior to your Camino or closer to the date of your arrival?

Excited.....yes.
Nervous ........not uncommon, even when you've done several.
Worried .........don't be. You'll be with friends who'll be happy to advise and help you along the way or if you get stuck.

I echo the comments above, you'll have a great time. I'll be walking the Frances in April/May as well. A good time to be there, in Spain.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Most read last week in this forum

Am arriving St. Jean 31st March (Easter Sunday), and start walking April 1st. Any suggestions about how busy St. Jean is likely to be, and whether it's necessary to book a hostel?
Hallo everyone, first of all, thank you to you all for being so generous sharing your questions and experience. When I was not sure when my next camino would start reading about socks choice...
I know October is not a month with many pilgrims but will we have a calendar for checking in on this section of the forum?
Hi, I’m Jen. I live in the US in Vancouver, Washington which is part of the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. I am planning to walk the Camino Portugués. I will take the traditional central...
Hey everyone, I am Ali, going to do two weeks of camino the french way. I am based in Barcelona so I will start my journey by going to Pampolna on March 23rd and from there to Saint Jean Pied de...
I leave Richmond, VA, for SJPdP, arriving on Monday, 25 March. Many thanks to Ivar for creating this community forum and for all the contributions from so many pilgrims! The resources, insights...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.